• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

FMers do the Door - Updates!!!

The Krinkle and Krew (full deck (4)) are planning on departing Duluth at O'dark hundred on Thursday morning. Fishing Thursday-Sunday (if needed) Do we need to call out and get more rooms??

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lotalota

• OUTDOORNUT

• Tom Linderholm

• Quickstrike

Sorry to hear about that Backcast. I hope things are going okay for you.

The boat situation looks like this. Not sure about ReelTimes and Hammer 'em. Guys, you out there? Give a shout if your status has changed...

Boats + Riders

Lota Lota + 2 (+1 if space is limited)

OutdoorNut - boat filled up

ReelTimes + ?

Hammer 'em + 1

Riders - Some "maybes" so far.

Granny - maybe

Quickstrike - in

Xplorer - maybe

MrSenarighi - maybe

jj56342 - in (you have mail)

Surface Tension – It'd be great to have you along. If you need help getting the work on your place done maybe we could do an FM event and zip through the list...if you trust us gunkees being overhead with a hammer and nails. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Is most everybody planning on heading back on Sunday or will you be staying longer? I have the cabin through the 11th now but plans just changed and I don't think I'll need it past Sunday night. If anybody wants to keep the reservation past then post up quick or I'm going to cancel the extra days. OutdoorNut, if you are headed over Thursday AM you may need to get a different spot. You can call over there and ask if the cabin is available though. She has been very helpful with me in moving things around to accomadate the crew.

Lota Lota...

my boss just got back from fishing the sister bay area for a week and he said that they landed 105 salmon in that time.so it looks like it should be a good time.

Lota,

Yeah I just noticed I was ahead of everyone else by one day. I'll have to call and see if we can get the cabin for Thursday night also. Or we'll crash somewhere near for the night. Everyone has vacation set so far, so we'll plan on being there and fishing by 5:00 a.m. Thursday. I'll give you a call tonight.

MrSenarighi,

Your not taking your boat?

Anyone one else want to head out with the Krinkle Wednesday night? S.T.??

Lota we may have to create a "FM Habitat for Deprived Fisherman" a network of labors to assure other FM guys get their "Honey Do" list done and granted permission to fish! ha ha

Sorry guys but couldn't coordinate the August weekend. My wife made other plans. I am going this weekend for 5 days. Hope the bite is good.

Lota,

Looks like there is a full crew in both boats. Probably just as well as it looks like i will have 2 large projects going at that time at the house and I should really be there to "supervise". Good luck to you guys and we'll expect a full report on the outing! Still hope i can salvage a few days on Superior in September.

Our first sign up for the FM Habitat for Deprived Fisherman???

Sorry to hear about the busy summer Chris. Have you even got those new riggers wet yet??

Nate,

"Have you even got those new riggers wet yet??"

Nope frown.gif Just got the VHF installed a couple weeks ago before our trip up to Namakan. I'll be happy to get them on by Labor day and try to get in some late season use in Sept. I do get to spend another 5 days up on either Namakan or Rainy this weekend (wherever we can get an island campsite), the family trips have been the only thing that hasnt gotten cancelled this year.

You guys slay them kings at the Door, and maybe i can join you out by the Lester in Sept for a few runs at the fish.

New count...

Boats + Riders

Lota Lota + 2

OutdoorNut - boat filled up

Hammer 'em + 1

Riders - Some "maybes" so far.

Granny - maybe

Quickstrike - in

jj56342 - in if we can accomodate 2

Surface Tension - You gonna get your stuff done?

I moved the cabin around so OutdoorNut's crew will have a roof on Thursday night. We'll have the cabin until Sunday morning.

Anybody else got a boat and an itch to poke some kings? We have a few riders that'd like to get in on the action.

Lota Lota...

I just got my work schedule taken care of and i will be good to go from thursday evening through the weekend and man am i pumped!!! sorry to see so many people with conflicting schedules. if anyone needs a ride out, I am planning on leaving thurs evening (and probally following lota out there) and staying until sunday (or whenever everyone else takes off if earlier) only two weeks away!!!

WHAT THIS ALL ABOUT.......? HOW COME I ONLT HEAR ABOUT THE TRIPS YOU WANT ME TO GUIDE ON.... ARE YOU HOLDING OUT ON ME?

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I can't go. frown.gif Well I could but then I'd have to find some place else to live once I got back. grin.gif Sorry I haven't checked this thread because it only makes it worse when you start showing pictures of those Chinooks. crazy.gif

Harpoon,

I asked you about 6 months ago!! I'm pretty sure you said something to the effect "Salmon.....that isn't a Walleye" ha ha !!

Wow, only a week away already! I was just wondering what the final roll call was and if we needed a pre-outing get together (brewhouse maybe) to finalize things and make sure people are on the same page. Can't wait, thanks again to lota for getting this thing going and giving a few people this opportunitty that normally wouldn't be able to make such a trip.

I think a Brewhouse pre-planning conference would be warranted. Try for Monday or Tuesday of next week?

I am still waiting to hear back from jj56342 about what his plans look like. jj56342, if you are out there give a shout and let us know whats up. Aside from that, things are still on track to leave Thursday. Quick, I'll give you a buzz to talk logistics for the trip down.

All that is left is to put together a couple of leadcore rigs...

Lota Lota...

The weather forecast is looking good for the weekend!!! This is gonna be one rough week at work...

Planning Committee Meeting, Northlanders house - 9 pm.

Lota Lota...

Is that tonight? I might not be going but maybe I can offer some help grin.gif. Quick & I will be up at Chub for league tonight, probably could swing in around 10:30pm

Ill try to stop by. That place could be a bit loud for much planning though.

Another idea is that I have a ton of leftover Brew at my place and would be willing to have a gathering there if ya like. Sit outside and enjoy a fire? Lota let me know. Call me on the cell if ya need or Ill call yours.

Whatever you all figure out give me a call on the cell and let us know, quick is down at home stealing his dads boat so we can get in at chub tonight. grin.gif

I will let him know that there is a get together in the works.

DON'T FORGET ABOUT ME! I WORKED ALL WEEKEND GETTING THE BOAT READY! I THINK WE'RE IN I HAVE 4 COMING IN MY BOAT AND I'LL BE A COUPLE DAYS BEHIND BUT SHOULD BE THERE SAT EARLY A.M. FOR THE BITE. I AM IN CONTACT WITH THE OUTDOOR NUT. THIS BOAT DOESN'T HAVE YOUR EVERYDAY GREAT LAKE KNOWLEDGE IN IT.....IT IS PRETTY CLOUDED UP WITH THE MILLE LACS MUD FLATS. SO ANY HELP FROM YOU GUYS OUT THERE WOULD REALLY BE APPRECIATED. I DON'T THINK KRINKLE WILL SEND ME OUT BLIND!! OH YA, WHATS A DOWN RIGGER?? wink.gif

riggersc4bi.jpg

riggerse4jn.jpg

riggersd0mj.jpg

Lota,

Just give me a call tonight when you are departing your house. I'll just meet you at the bottom of the hill and follow you over to Steve's.

Harpoon,

I just hope you can get that "Walleye Stink" out of that boat. These Trout and Salmon can smell you bottom bouncers a nautical mile away!

Should be a great trip, the boat is ready, the weather forcast looks great, now just get a couple coolers full of them Salmon and we are set!

10-4 OutdoorNut. Northlanders place it is. I'll give you a buzz tonight. You can connect with Harpoon???

Harpoon, Saturday sounds good. You just in for the weekend or will you be staying through Sunday night? We can probably get the cabin an extra night if you need it. We'll have three other guys looking for a place to crash on that Sunday night anyway. That boat sure is rigged purdy for deep water considering she's used to fishing Mille Lacs Mud Minnows... grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Lota Lota...

Lota,

That will work just fine. Harpoon and crew are planning on camping at the campground next to Journey's. They are just looking to "tag along" on the water. Harpoon won't be at the meeting tonight, for he is 3.5 hours SW of here. I hope he can keep up to the blistering speeds of the Krinkle (30 mph, downhill, with the wind at my back and empty) ha ha

They may be interested in taking the cabin after we are gone. I think they are staying out till Tuesday. I'll give him a call tonight after the meeting.

Harpoon,

Tell Waller his corn in the background of your picture is looking good!

OUTDOORNUT, I CAN PROBABLY KEEP UP ON ONE CONDITION. IF SHU-TE RIDES WITH YOU!!! grin.gifgrin.gif

WE'LL HAVE TO SEE ABOUT THE CABIN DEAL. RIGHT NOW WE ARE JUST PLAYING IT BY EAR AND WILL BE THROWING A TENT IN. WE MAY CAMP THE LAST TWO NIGHTS??? WE ARE THINKING OF STAYIN UNTIL TUES.

Got back from Baileys Harbor on Friday and we really pounded em'. Didn't win the tourney out there but still had loads on fun! We mainly used j-plugs and green n gold spoons bought at Marine General on london road. One tip- hope you have a bigger boat than I did because we were blown off 3 days in a row.

UMDWalleyeGuy

The "One Eye" just got back and they said it slowed down with rough water & warmer temps, even the charters were only coming in with 15 fish for a full trip. He did see a 18# Brown at the cleaning station for what thats worth. You gentleman behave and don't do anything I wouldn't do!

Hey Lota,

We had talked about getting out again after the Coho Clean Up this spring. With summer slipping away and school around the corner for the kid's, I get alot of free time starting in Sept. If it's possbile, could I hook up with you in Sept. for a Lake Superior trip? During the week would work best for me and I thought you said you do get some time off during the week. Hopefully the lake will be a little calmer than what we had this spring? grin.gif

Good Luck on the trip guys. I'm looking forward to pics of those awesome kings!!!

Brian

Just wanted to wish you guys good luck. Have fun, stay safe and don't let Lota catch all the big ones smirk.gif

Thanks for the good wishes. The hours are d...r...a...g...g...i...n...g by!!! I'll have a laptop with me so, if I can get a dial-up hook, we will give a daily results post.

Lota Lota...

Hey BMC, September is looking pretty good for now. Maybe a mid-week outing in the end of August too (kids welcome on board). I'll shoot you a note when we get back from DC and we can schedule.