• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

FMers do the Door - Updates!!!

If this doesn't get you interested I don't think any words I type will!!!

SalmonGroup.jpg

But I'll try anyway...It is time to restart the planning for the "FMers do the Door" event. We have tentatively planned the trip for the first full weekend in August (5-7). I called the folks that have the cabin we will be staying to verify this and they just had a cancellation the week following what I have reserved ( www.journeysendmotel.com ). That brings me to this...what weekend can folks best make the trip? I currently have the cabin reserved for August 5th-7th. That'd be in Friday night and out Monday morning. She DOES have the cabin available all the way through the 13th. Does it work out better for guys to head over the following weekend? I know there are a couple of guys that can't make it the first weekend. How about the next? Also, the longer we rent the cabin the less it is per day. If guys are going to be coming and going at different times maybe we just get the cabin for the 10 day stint and figure out the cabin use on a day by day basis. The cabin reportedly sleeps 8 and they also have rooms in the motel if you'd rather do that.

So, who's in???

The boat situation so far looks like this. Let me know if your status has changed...

Boats + Riders

Lota Lota + 2 (maybe 3 if needed)

OutdoorNut + 3

ReelTimes + ?

BackCast + 4

Hammer 'em + 1

Riders - Some "maybes" so far. Pipe up if you want to ride along.

Granny

Xplorer

MrSenarighi

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lotalota

• OUTDOORNUT

• Tom Linderholm

• Quickstrike

I am going the 2nd weekend in July, but would love to go again. Mrs. Senarighi is headed to New York as I type, so she should have no problem letting me go twice right? Count me in tenatively. And for anyone who has not been to Door County, make it a point to go and you will go back every year, it is awesome.(Unless you are from Alaska)

Unfortunately I will not know till about two weeks out. But you can count me in.

Looks like I'm a week off from you're schedule. I had to submit my vacation request in March, so I went and requested the time for the last weekend in July (28-31, expressly set aside for a Door trip.

Lota, great pix.

I'm in plus my riders. Being the first trip to Door for us we had plenty of willing riders. If anyone backs out from my group, I'll let you guys know asap!

I guess me and my group have the 5-7th off as of now.

I've got 4 riders planned, one is building his house this summer so it will a week or two prior b4 he'll know, and one guy will have to see is work schedule about a week prior. So there may be a chance of adding one or two riders, but the notice will be short! I'd like to say I could take one for sure, but will have to get the boys to give me a confirmation asap.

LotaLota,

I'm still tentativly in as a "rider". It will all depend on the "other-half's" on-call schedule. I will be able to give ya plenty of time in advance as i should know in June if this will work. Dang, those are some nice king's smile.gif

I can hear the drag screaming from here!!

• 1 month later...

Nice! I leave next Friday for a week, I picked up most of the spoons you spoke of last week in anticipation now I am really pumped.

Nice work Scott! Aug can't get here soon enough!!

You plan on hitting the water at all this weekend??

Chef,

Do those "spoons" come in packs of say.....6, 12 & 24??? ha ha

Congrats to both of you! Yes, we are completely jealous!

Cheffrey:

Same pattern as last year - I'm heading out there the same day you're heading home. We're heading to B Harbor in the afternoon of 7/21.

Leave some fish for me please.

Awesome pic!

Was it AM or PM, and how do you expect me to get any serious work done now that you're sharing pics like that?

Nice Picture.

Ohh how I love those mornings out there! lines are set, hum of the wind through the cables, and already been out there for an hour and a half then WHAM! "FISH ON!" I have to drag myself out of my self induced coma laying in my bunk to net a fish. See you at the ball game!

Hour and a half??? If I don't have a fish in the boat within 15 minutes of 0400 I'm getting worried about things!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif Last Monday we got out amid the storms. I put down the starboard corner rigger, cranked the rod down, reached for the ball on the port rigger and watched the starboard rigger go...I see a new movie coming this summer - "Gone in 30 Seconds"!!!

A couple of guys have asked me about the Needlenose and Great Lakes Jewel spoons. They have been around a while but the glow paint is a new deal. You can get them at Marine General. They are not pictured on the website but if you call and ask for the ultimate glow Jewels and Needlenose they'll know what you are talking about. Better yet, stop in and drool on their spoon wall!

Lota Lota...

So...who's one eye is open on "One eye open"???

Lota Lota...

Depends whos night it was the night before to sit one out.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

If I can get the house buttoned up enough by then I'm in but won't know till we get closer to that date.

I would love to ride along if someone's got an open spot, however, i don't know what my work schedule will look like but will check into it as soon as possible. I just may need cheffrey to pull a few strings for me. grin.gif

I just returned from Algoma Yesterday, fishing and weather was excellent. Most fish came on pearl coyote, with aqua fly 50 feet down. J-plugs were also hot, in black, purple, or black and purple. We left some fish for you Cheffrey.

just got back from bailys harbor last night,fishing was very good evening bite was hotter than morning bite good luck

Unfortunately I cannot make any dates in August just way to busy at work, can barely squeeze out for this upcoming trip.

Thanks for the info and leaving me some fish.

Lota can you hit me with those dates from the message last night?

4.gif

So we are getting torturously close to the outing. Lets get a count of who’s in. I have the cabin at Journey’s End reserved from August 5th through the 7th and it is available through the 11th if we want it. It’ll apparently sleep 8 or so people. They do have other units available if we need more. I did a drive by of the place over the 4th and it will be a good place to gather. There are plenty of boat parking spaces. It is close to Bailey’s Harbor ramp, close enough to just leave rods in launchers and unload up there. It is maybe about 30 minutes from Gills Rock (the smallies may occupy us up there if the coolers are filled on the AM salmon runs).

I’ll be ready to roll on Thursday night. I’d plan to leave here in time to drive straight to Bailey’s for the AM run at 0400 (about 8pm etd). If guys in my crew can leave a little earlier that’s fine but we’d need to find somewhere to stay over there on Thursday night.

The boat situation looks like this. Let me know if your status has changed...

Boats + Riders

Lota Lota + 2

OutdoorNut + 3 – boat filled up?

ReelTimes + ?

BackCast + 4

Hammer 'em + 1

Riders - Some "maybes" so far. Pipe up if you want to ride along.

Granny

Xplorer

MrSenarighi

Quickstrike

Surface Tension – Not sure if you’re riding or bringing your rig

Lota Lota...

hey lota, give me a call. I would love to get in on this one but i have a few questions for ya. thanks man.

Hi guys,

Sorry I have to bow out (no pun intended) on this trip. I am major league bummed.

Hope your strikes are many and misses are few. Backcast.

Lota,

I am still tentatively "in" on the run, do you have any room in your rig or are you full? I still gotta figure out daycare pickup on friday and this dang new house stuff is going painfully slow but hopefully a few major things will get tied up this next couple weeks. I NEED a weekend of screaming drags cool.gif

I'd be ready to roll after about 6pm on thursday.