• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Heading up to Lake Vermillion over a long Memorial Day Weekend. Our includes several younger fisherman and I'd like to get them into some Crappies. We stay on Taylor Island. Anything in that area to try?

Looking forward to heaven,

Mike

Mike,

The closest spot to Taylor that might have some crappies and sunfish would probably be Stuntz Bay.

Mud Creek Bay, Armstrong Bay, and Rice Bay also have a few crappies and sunnies.

Cliff

If you are referring to Taylor's Island on the west end, I would try the Partridge River which run form the NW corner of Wakemup bay up to Black Bay or Wolf Bay which is east of Niles.

Crappies are a pretty tough fish to reliably pattern on Vermilion (at least for me).

Having said that, the biggest crappie I've seen in my life was caught by my wife in a small bay (Dago Bay?) near Knotts Island.

If you want other panfish (sunnies) try the reed-bed just outside Fox Bay, or some of the coves along the far end of Black Bay (and also the coves along the Partridge River leading up to Black Bay). Some nice bonus largemouth may take your bait up in Black Bay.