• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Gull Lake wallye

I am heding up to Gull Lake over Memorial weekend and wanted to get into some wallye fishing. Where would be the first place I should start. Are the wallyes still in the shallow water or have they moved a little deeper. " Any help would be great."

start deep! and work into the shallows.

do you know what walleye chop is?

the first question for you is what type of boat and gear do you have? sonar? gps? a 12' boat? or a walleye chop boat?

walleyes there lives revolve around 3 things. 1. Food. 2. Sun 3. Weather. Deep in the sunny days, shallow in the nights. If you find there food, schools of suspened shad?? in deep water? small perch, you will find the walleyes. storms lighting all forces them deep! But the trick of catching walleyes when the wind is blowing 25 miles an hour and the 3' whitecaps are rolling is difficult. depending on your gear, will depend on your outcome.

Good Luck

Go lite for the bite

Memorial weekend is primetime to be on Gull. At that time we should have lots of walleyes relating to weedlines and structure on the first break. You should be able to catch them on a variety of baits, Chubs, shiners, leeches or crawlers. Trolling rapalas could also be a good option after dark. Get a good map of the lake and start hitting the obvious spots. If you have more time search secondary spots like scattered weedbeds. Traditionally that is a great time for walleye action on Gull. Good Luck!

Jason Erlandson

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the help I hope I can catch some nice ones.