• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

how was opener on whitefish for everyone?

i went out on whitefish on opening weekend and i didnt get a bite! did any one do any better?

i tried at the pine river inlet on upper whitefish

where did every one else go?

what depth did you guys fish?

redneckkid,

I feel your pain. Started fishing that same area on Sunday. Nothing but a couple of small pike. Tried many other spots that day, but only managed a few more small pike and a couple of bass.

No action for me on Sunday and Monday evening. I was marking most fish in the 20 ft range near fairly steep drop offs, but couldn't convince them to bite. Monday night was pretty windy, so it was tough to stay right on top of them. I tried jig/fatheads, lindy's, leeches. I'll be back up there over Memorial weekend, so I'm sure with the warmer temps this week, they'll be hungry by then...

Fished Whitefish pretty hard on Sat out on Father Bar and everywhere else from shore to shore and end to end and came up with only a couple Norderns.

Ditto, just pike. Typical walleye outing for this bass guy. Can't wait for the bass opener!

Anchor man- i have a spot thats usually great around memorial weekend, you might even know about it but give me an e-mail at [email protected] and ill try to help you out.

its good to see i wasnt the only one that got skunked on the chain, i fished from cross all the way over to the pine river and managed just two slimy snakes

I forgot to mention that not only did I not catch any walleyes, my yellow lab did manage to lean up against one of my rods and catch herself with a couple trebles. yooouuch. No damage done, just a sick stomach for the 15 seconds it took for them to pop loose.

Same here just a couple snakes out on whitefish but I did happen to get into the panfish pretty good on Sunday.

I fished sunday through thursday. I caught some walleyes around the pine river bay area. All were caught at shortly after sunset in 4-8 feet of water using crank baits. Did not catch alot of eyes but managed a few meals. The crappies are also starting to show up in the shallows near the acess by the pine river. Should be a pretty good weekend, too bad I can't stay up there.