• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Minnetonka - What to do now?

It's a good bet Mark Stanley won't be rushing to buy all of the pink twintails he can get his hands on! cool.giftongue.gifwink.gifcool.gifsmile.gif

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PJ Sparkles

• markkstanley

• CALVINIST

• jerkin'm

Yup, I did a little prefishing with one of the contestants last night. Lots of tourney boats out, but I didn't see much catching going on. At least the rain held off for once. grin.gif

PJ,

That would be great if you could give me the inside scoop on the walleye bite. My email address is [email protected].

Maybe we can hook up and fish tonight. I've got an 18' Ranger. Or, we can take your Tri-Hull out. I would love to fish out of your boat. It will bring back lots of fond memories. I grew up fishing in a Tri-Hull on Pool 4. Either way you can count on me to bring the brewtinanees. LOL.

The way PJ is going I am thinking all pink. Might even wear a pink tutu! Nope no pink in my boat not now not ever. Gotta draw the line somewhere. Now a nice coral color or maybe a very light red grin.gif Good luck to the tourney guys. The bite seems to be around sunset.

BassPirate,

I will be out tonight with buddy, and I don't have room in my rig. Can we fit 3 in your Ranger? Since nobody here seems to believe that Pink Twintails are the real deal, I would love to take you out and show you the program. You WILL make believers out of these guys after you weigh in. Mark Stanley, you are missing the boat Mr. Non-pinkster.

I will shoot you an email basspirate.

With all this talk of a tournament, can someone give me the details of what time it will run. I am planning on being on the water Saturday morning. I am going early, but will go even earlier to avoid the traffic. Right now my plans are to be fishing by 3:00.

Pink is ALWAYS welcome in my boat! Not sure what's wrong with some of you guys. LOL

I'll look for that email Sparkles.

I am not going to the PINK side, Pink Vader! Next thing you know we will have pink shad raps, pink husky jerks, pink wally divers, pink boat carpeting. Where will it stop?!?!

Mark Stanly, LOL...You have made your point. Maybe you should compare stringers with BassPirate tonight? I would bet anything that he will top what you have by at least 5 pounds. Only if you think you are up to it. And by the way, I was just trying to help some fellow fisherman, Mr Stanly. Make fun of it if you wish, cause I will be catching fish. LOL

BassPirate, you have mail. See you tonight.

Haven't you guys seen that Evinrude E-Tec commercial? I think that's what's scarying people from having Pink anything in the boat. LOL

Mark S,

The boys and I will agree to NO PINK TUTU.

I suppose you prefer banana-scented twisters then?

You are taking this fishing stuff too seriously if you do not allow any pink in your boat. 3 cheers for pink!

Haven't got that email yet PJ. My address is [email protected]. Email me. Please.

Ok true confession time. My mom painted my bedroom pink when I was a lad. Traumatized me for life.

Seriously PJ what depths and when are you getting your fish. No locations needed. Just trying to get a pattern worked out here.

Mr Stanley, that is a gutsy question. You make fun of my reports, and then ask me to be serious? So far there has been a handful of fellow anglers who appreciated the report, and I am happy to share with them.

BassPirate, you have mail again. I think I spelled Snitzlebomb wrong the first time. Let me know if you get it.

Don't be so hard on Stanley. He can't help it if he's pink-a-phobic. I hope we catch all kinds of walleyes tonight on your pretty pink twisters. Then I am going to win the tournament on Sunday. LOL

Hondemon,

Under normal circumstances I would love to help you out. I will be helping BassPirate out and he is fishing a tournament over the weekend. He asked that I would keep the exact details under my hat until his tournament is over, and I have promised to do that. He will post his tournament results next week.

OK, here's my theory. Not only is Sparkles pulling our snooters (I like that one and am keeping it) but he's created another ghost, Bass Pirate, to go fishing with him tonight, and they're having a jolly conversation about it, complete with e-mails. What do you bet that BP reports a banner night on the bloodworms? The yellow tri-hull will be weighted down with elusive Tonka eaters...Wayzata Bait will sell out of that dog shipment of pink twin tails they've been trying to unload since the Eisenhower Administration. That's my conspiracy theory, and I'm sticking to it.

As to Sparkles' big fish, congrats. By my calculations Sparkles has caught over twenty walleyes this week and his biggest is 27". My problem is that my ratio of 24"plus fish to eaters is about 1-2--I can't find small ones. Clearly I'm doing the wrong thing.

But I am a good natured person, happy to admit for the sake of brotherly conversation that I am wrong. I'll be in the Wayzata Bay area in an elderly 14' crestliner with an evinrude 15. I'll save you six coronas, and the first yellow tri-hull with a limit of walleyes aboard gets them. And I'll bring my camera and we can photograph the transfer and post that pic right here, made sticky for a month, just to teach me to be more trusting of my fellow man.

Paranoid Ice

Ok, we still seem to be missing a key piece of info Mr. Sparkles. Did BassPirate request that the depth and time of day not be mentioned? I can understand that he wouldn't want his competitors in the tournament to get any ideas. But come on, you're killing us here. Day/night? Deep/shallow?

Real good then ... not a tourney pro though.....

Gotta go boys ... took a half day to chase my tail on Tonka with jhals68..... wish us luck.

I'll check my hotmail when I get home just in case ... wink.gif

Should be on the water by 1PM

Pink tutu's, BassPirates looking for eyes, and everyone is chasing a yellow boat!! Sounds like the making of the next Monti Python movie. This post cracks me up...thanks for the laugh. grin.gifgrin.gif

BTW, my money is on Sully. wink.gif Sorry BP.

PJ not making fun of you at all. Check Calvinist's post. I really have an issue with that certain color. I know it works. I just cannot bring myself to use it. Ever. Sorry if you were offended but the joke is really on me.

I'm with you Mark.LMAO I'm a local on Tonka for the last 20yrs and we aren't catching limits of any hair lipped snooters either.

Unless thier being found at LF's or Bayview? because I've seen plenty of Brazilian Cut Hair-Lipped Snooters at those locations floppin' on the deck.

Later & See ya on the water!

Chris

What's weird is the fact that my brother is just killing the 'eyes in a couple east central area lakes. Seems the weather isn't affecting these fish. I might try Tonka a couple times this weekend (I have a hunch on a spot) but come monday, if things don't improve, I'm off to the St. Louis, and then on to a favorite lake for some full moon shore fishing action. I was on the Louis this past Tuesday, and the walters were thick as flies, but hardly any takers; me and a buddy boated only six. Hopefully something will trigger a feeding binge soon and the luck will improve a bit. Maybe I ought to try a little pink, eh?

I think you are onto something ice. This post is crackin' me up. Time to trade the Skeeter for a yellow tri-hull and one of the 2 force motors left in the world. If I wasn't working tonight I would add a case or two of beer to be proven wrong also. We could go on a tri-hull hunt. I think you should take a picture and post it if you even see a yellow tri-hull. I hope Pinky Sparkles keeps this rollin'...... grin.gif

I forgot you made the trip Cal. 6 eyes huh? Any size to them? I heard the place was packed over opener.

They ranged from 14" to 19". Given better weather conditions, I think its worth another trip up there monday. They gotta turn on soon! laugh.gif

LMAO,

Please everyone don't laugh to hard, but I have the other Force. Quote from TonkaBoy "When Yota said use the Force he wasn't talking about your motor"

I wish it was that E-Tec. But hope it the Pink Tutu's is optional only. I'll take mine without.

Later

This is terrible. In just about every forum on this site there are non believers on just about every topic. When is FM going to be a fishing site and not just a bunch of whining babies.

I am excited to see lots of new posts with good topics, but sorry to say that i'm a bit disappointed in the true LACK of info. Not sure why a guy would post any good details when he just gets slammed for doing so.

just my 2 cents

BD