• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Our Boy Lohse

8-Ball

Anyone catch his whining in the Sunday Strib? He is apparently upset that he has been "skipped over" a few times in the rotation because of off days, etc. Well, when you give up more hits than innings pitched, can't find the plate on batter after batter, give out free passes like a kid at a carnival, and hit guys, and throw wild pitches, and immediately give back (usually) the runs the boys just gave you to protect, WHAT DO YOU EXPECT! Yes, I am still on my anti-Lohse soapbox. Oh, I almost forgot. Given all the info posted above, you STILL get a 700% raise, to the tune of over 2 million a year.. and you are complaining?! 8-Ball.

It seemed he would have been promising 2 years ago, I am guessing he was just over-hyped.

Might be a good deal to see what he is worth in the market and bring up one of their arms from triple a.

I dont know if they are planning to use crain or any of the newer bullpen pitchers in the starting line-up but that could be an option also.

After the Vikes and Wolves this year atleast have the Twins represent for Minnesota.

The only thing Lohse should be whining about is how hard the seats of the bench are. Maybe gardy could buy him a cushion because I think he'll be sitting there a lot this year. Give it up Kyle and quit whining. That is part of his problem.

I agree with everyone that Loshe is not effective but I would never want to play with somebody who was happy about being on the bench.

Nobody would give us squat for him. Who is going to trade anyone worth anything, or assume almost $2 million for a pitcher w/ the lousy numbers he has. Crain is at this point a Rincon-type: mid-inning reliever.. That may change someday. He has a good slider/change/fastball. Maybe Lohse could learn a thing or two from him. We are stuck w/ Lohse for probably the whole season. Maybe a team desperate to get into the playoffs would take him off our hands in Aug/Sept? I can dream, can't I? I would take a start like his last- 5 ip and I believe only 2 runs. Then they could bring in Crain/Rincon to take it for a few each.. I cringe when we score, because this guy 99% of the time gives the runs right back. Stop whining and figure out how to pitch, or shut-up!

Okay lets give the guy some credit after all the knocking him around. He pitched pretty well last night, 2 runs over 6 innings. Both of those runs could have potentially been avoided with a little better decisions on the throws into the infield.

His ERA is high, & he hasn't pitched that well, but the guy's 3-2. To read this thread you'd think he was 1-7 or something like that.

BB I hear ya. He has done better the last two times out. Now if he can be consistent and stop whining about being the #5 guy, maybe he can focus on pitching and turn his career around. Two starts don't make a season. But it is better than he has pitched in a LONG time. I really hope it continues..we'll see.

He was pretty upset about being skipped in the rotation...then he was used out of the 'pen at least once last week. Maybe that's what it took to light a little fire under him. He just had to realize that he wasn't somehow 'entitled' to a spot in the rotation. Let's see if he can keep it up.

It must be contagious. Mays was dominant today. Complete game shutout, 93 pitches, 7 hits, 0 walks, 2 K's. Let's string a bunch of gems like the last two together.

It's great to see Mays pitching well again after all his struggles with injuries the past few seasons. My buddy and I took a trip to Milwaukee to watch a 3 game set with the Brewers at Miller Park a few seasons back and Joe was nice enough to sign a ball and talk with us a little. He seems like a pretty grounded guy, so I am really happy to see him do well. As for Lohse, yes I like the fact he's competitive, but I can't stand his WHINING. I seriously get mad just watching him on the mound. He is always rolling his eyes everytime something goes wrong. In my opinion he needs to lighten up a little and have fun pitching again, at least pretend you are enjoying the game. And if you are going to complain about being skipped in the rotation or pulled early, don't bitch about it, go out and pitch like an all-star and you won't have to worry about it.