• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Picking crawlers

Hello everyone,

Does anybody know any good spots to go pick some nightcrawlers? Like some parks or anything. Those things start to get expensive when you go through a lot of them. Thanks

Go anywhere and you will find them. I pick most of them in my own yard. Every spring I get prolly 500 of them or so. I have thought about selling them, see if I could get a little of that money that people are shelling out for them. Does anyone know if that is legal or do I need a bait dealer license? Anyway look anywhere after a rain in the dark. Get a light and go after them it will definitely save you some money. If you need more info just ask. Good luck.

keep fishin'

wall-i-king

Thanks for the help. I don't have any "crawler mounds" in my yard so I'll have to go hunting somewhere else. I was just wondering if anybody knew some places close to the U of M campus.

Just look for any grass spot you can find. Look on the roads too if you see worms squished on there then you will find them in the grass around. I was at the Duluth campus this year and got hundreds of them so basically anywhere there is grass look for them after a rain in the dark.

wall-i-king

yes, golf courses. Go out in the evening after it rained with a flash light, put a red filter on the flashlight if possible.

I just let the hose run in my yard for about 15 minutes and they start to come to the surface. You should be able to pick a quick dozen durning the middle of the day. Only problem, you have to fight off the robins.

Buy a dozen and get one of them worm breeding boxes. They take a while to grow but I've had probably a hundred or so grow in mine before I started neglecting it.