• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Any Idea if they will ever let people keep fish from Pool 2

I don't think they ever will.Pool 2 has been c&r for quite some time. Even if they did I wouldn't eat anything out of there.

I kinda like the idea of having a place to hone skills year 'round. It's like an indoor walleye shooting range!

The c&r also makes for many large fish. My biggest walter ever was on p2.

I like the C.R. also. The place would be like red wing if it was not all release. When I do get hungry for fish I just head else where for a meal. After that its back to pool 2 for some hog catching. Hope they never change it around again. Also love being able to fish year around.

I havent kept fish in 3 yrs the reason i ask is for the same reason you all do BIG FISH although Ive only fished there once. but most of the people when i tell them lets go fishing at so and so area they are like ahhh nahhh we cant keep anything from there. Maybe ill fish pool 2 this weekend from shore walk down from the hidden falls until it empties out to the miss and find a suitable spot any of you going to be there this weekend

I might be there on Saturday shore hopping. I'm not sure just where yet, but probably in the early am 'til about noon-ish

There might not be much shore to hop on on sunday. Looks like pool 2 might be in for some flooding by the weekend.

i too hope they never change it from c&r only. the numbers of big eyes being caught are outstanding. i know of at least 10 guys who have had their biggest ever caught out of pool 2. there are plenty of places to go for those wanting ot keep a few fish for the pan, its nice to have a few places were a guy can go catch big fish consistently. as an added plus, the regs definitley keep it from getting too busy, especially after the regular season opens.

Agreed, I like the c&r regs. Now if someone can get me on one of dem big eyes.....

Hey Ebass, I will get you out soon if you promise to keep your shirt on.

LOL, You sound like Tonka Boy. I'm going out there tonight and yes my shirt will be on. Unless it's 85. I need all the sun I can get. I reflect the sun I'm so white - Cripes.

Last night on pool 2 wasn't too shabby.

Fish caught were, 3 pike, 2 sheepies, 2 white bass, 1 crappie, 1 walleye, 1 sauger and over a dozen small smallies. We casted spinnerbaits, crankbaits and jigs and caught fish on each. It wasn't fast and furious but at least it didn't rain. The river went up anther foot.

Wouldn't Pool 2 be better with a limit of 1 and a 28 or 29 inch minimum. As it is if you caught a state record you could not verify it. A limit of 1 would keep the meat fishermen out and allow for the true trophy to be verified. I also wish they would tighten the regs on Pools 3 & 4. That will probably never happen because it would require Minnesota and Wisconsin to work together.