• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I am in the process of planning a trip up to the BWCA on June 9th. However, this will be my first canoe trip up there and am unfamiliar with the lakes in the area. We are focusing on getting into some good smallmouth and walleye fishing. Could anyone point me into the right directions as to where to go? We have heard Moose Lake, Birch, Knife and Vera are good. We also heard a few people brag up Crab and Oyster. Any helpful tips and pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Brad

If you want good fishing for smallies and walleye you could also try Gabbro entry.

Gabbro has great walleye fishing and Pietro has both walleye and bass.

If the Mudro Lake area had any permits that would be the prime place to go. Walleye in Horse Lake and bass, northern pike and walleye in Fourtown. But I was just making permits and I don't think there are any open for June 9th for Mudro.

How many days have you got? Maybe I can think of somewhere else.

You can either go on the forum and answer or do a direct email to us.

Lynn

------------------
John and Lynn O'Kane
Voyageur North Outfitters
Ely, Mn 55731
1-800-848-5530