• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Was anybody out on Oak Lake near Duquette for opener? I am planning on hitting it next weekend.

Not only had I not ever heard of Oak Lake, but I have also not heard of Duquette, MN.. I had to do a mapquest search to find out where it is.. Hopefully someone here will be able to help you, if not try the Duluth forum..

Hard to believe you haven't heard of the booming metropolis of Duquette. They have a general store, gas station and a bar or two, who could ask for more than that!!!

Deffinatly not I...Sounds like a wonderfull place.. I dont get out much.. momma onlylets me drive down the drivway on sundays!!!

I did look at a DNR map of the lake, It doesnt look like a very big lake or have a lot of structure.. is it a hard lake to fish?

The map is correct. There is not a lot of structure other than a sand bar and a couple of small humps. It will give up a few walleyes early, but from late June on it gets pretty tough.

I have had fair luck on the hump by the access.... around the point and to the east a litttle... and then in summer when the weeds get thick.. usually the best thing to do is troll a floater over the hump.. i have pulled a few nice walleye out of there but honestly.... it is tough