• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Streak is over...Long live The Streak!

Windy City Walleye Hunter

Well, all good things must come to an end and today by beloved Pale Hose ended the longest streak in recorded history of baseball in going almost a quarter of the season without playing a game that did not have the lead. It took the second best team in baseball to do it, but the O's did. I tip my cap to the O's! So the best team in baseball split a series with the second best team. Our two studs each won thier games but our lower shelf pitchers could not. Now it's on to Texas and then THE CUBBIES! Let the games begin. I think it may be another 100 years or so until another team can top the 2005 CHICAGO WHITE SOX STREAK!

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD....YES.

WOW

No one cares

That is a pretty worthless and unknown streak, no one is going to remeber in next year except you. It's almost as worthless as the sox being in 1st right now, but like u said, all "good" things must end, and like "the no one cares that u had a lead streak" stopped, so will your lead in the central and ur best in baseball title.

Aaawwww, let the Sox fans gloat for awhile. After all they have been frustrated year after year after year after year...............

and after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year I could go on for 88 more times grin.gif

Now, c'mon guys, give Windy a little break. You complain that he doesn't post when the Sox lose and now you complain when he does. Personally, I hope the Sox lose every game, but I know Windy hasn't had a chance to be happy about much in the last 88 yrs so I guess a meaningless streak is it for now. At least until they beat my Cubbies this weekend, but if the Cubs show up, it will still be a good series.

the Cubbie lovin' machine...

Gene,

He did not post about a loss but a record breaking streak. The loss may have been part of the detail but the loss was not the post. I will give him a little credit for posting about a negative but lets not call him "reformed". If I was late for work everyday for 3 years and then showed up on time I might deserve a pat on the back for doing it once but it would hardly convice anyone that I am now a puntual person.

I'll agree with you there, hard for Leopards to change their spots, that's for sure.

I'm feelin' the love here. Can't we all just get along, as Rodney King said.

Hey there Windy,

You can please some of the people some of the time, right?

Didn't Rodney King take 'roids? Was he from Minn?

We will be in touch later in the week when I expect my boys to be spoilers and take another series from your "beloved".

the Cubbie lovin' machine

That was a good streak leading in all games this year. Don't listen to the Twins fans here they are just pissed because the Twins could never accomplish something like that as long as we have "Mr I give up a HR every 1st inning of a game I pitch". Congrats goes to the Sox...

Quote:

That was a good streak leading in all games this year. Don't listen to the Twins fans here they are just pissed because the Twins could never accomplish something like that as long as we have "Mr I give up a HR every 1st inning of a game I pitch". Congrats goes to the Sox...

You are right the Twins have never accomplished that feat but we can take solace each time we go to a home game and see those World Series banners, American League Championship pennants, the last three division pennants, etc.... At the end of the year whether the Twins, Sox or other win the division, that record will be meaningless to it all. I am impressed with the W-L record but not the streak.

Quote:

I'm feelin' the love here. Can't we all just get along, as Rodney King said.

I am sorry to make you feel so bad. I know how sensitive you can be. I really shouldn't have done all this since you always fill our days with warm, fuzzy thoughts. grin.gif

The streak is impressive but aeveryone will forget about it and really the only thing that does matter is the W-L at the end of the season!!! Until then who cares!!! Go Twins cool.gif

glad to see your new streak is going well, keep it up, 3 in a row is great, but I am really hoping you guys can continue.

ha and you ripped on us for splitting a series with the rangers!

Thanks for the love, MNWild.

A record is a record and the Sox have that one. Hopefully they can start another streak to halt the three game losing streak they are on now. We have our two studs starting the next two games, Garland and Buehrle so we should be able to turn things around. Much to the chagrin of all these Twinky fans and then look out in the Windy City cause the Cubbie showdown begins Friday. I will have to take aim, once again, at my ole buddy Gene Gene The Cubbie-Loving Machine. I have had my hands full with the Twinky fans this year so far and have not had a chance to bash Geno, though I have not really had to as most every team they have played so far is doing that for me. 100 million dollar team and the only healthy arm is from ole man Maddux who will struggle to win 15 games. Oh well, that should get the juices flowing in Geno's Cubbie-Blue veins. As always...

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD....YES! Windy

Well, Windy, I know you have been stirring it with the Twink fans and you are right that everyone is bashing my Cubbies. Don't have much good to say now - pitchers are hurtin', Nomar is out, they've learned to pitch to Ramirez and Hollandsworth/Burnitz are no Sosa/Alou that's for sure. Still can't believe they let them go. Borowski was a fly-by and Hawkins reminds me of a Little League power pitcher that never learned a second pitch.

Now, to start the weekend taunts, I'll volley:

That was a beautiful ninth inning last night for everyone EXCEPT a ChiSox fan like you. We'll see who's a stud and who isn't come Monday after the city series. Maybe instead of a Tale of Two Cities, you should start one for the City Series? Of course, there aren't enough Sox fans to fill the thread.

the Cubbie lovin' machine

Think you'll find a fair amount of support from Twinkie faithful, gene. A lot of us happen to be closet Cub fans. While LaTroy never made it as a starter or a closer, he worked OK setting up Eddie G for a few years. Always interesting to see what some of the former players are doing, including AJ who couldn't throw me out trying to steal 2nd! Andy McPhail was an institution here and he didn't burn many bridges so that connection remains. Best of luck besting the Pale Hosers!