• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Best Walleye Rigs for these conditions?

I was wondering if anybody had luck fishin for 'Eyes on saterday? I caught 2 18"ers one at sunrise on a silver shad rap and one at dusk on a jig and plastic. I tried about everything and had only 4 strikes. I fished 3 hours in the morning and 3 in the evening. Might have been the coldest opener I can ever remember?

Did pretty good here, ended up with the largest just over 6.5lbs.... quite a few eaters in between. Fished with jigs and minnows, I only fished in the afternoon and most fish came 2hrs before to sunset in shallow water <6' depths, right where I thought they'd be smile.gif

MNRiverRat

MNRiverRat, What area of the river were you fishing at? I'm headed out today around New Ulm, going up to some creeks and some sandbars, hopefully i can tie into my first eye of the year, after a disappointing day yesterday...