• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

None of our anglers are back in yet, but wondered if anyone had any early reports yet? I did get a couple of pictures from Woodman and his gang who were out this morning and looks like pretty good luck was had by them. Woodman, what time did you guys hit the open water...I saw the time on that one picture was 6:30?

Had some errands and chores to finish up this morning and swung by Blackduck Lake around 2:30 and talked to a group of three anglers just coming off the lake. They said that the fishing was pretty slow for walleyes (a couple of pike were thrown back). They said that the water wasn't too clear like it normally is, but the wind was really stirring things up (there were some whitecaps out on the water when I was there), and they said that the water temps were pretty cool...46 was their reading. Not the calm sunny day that they had predicted earlier in the week, but at least the temps are suppose to warm up and be calmer windwise tomorrow.

Drake- We hit the lake around 5:45 and were fishing by 6. We had out limits by 7:30 and back at my house at 8. It was a very good opener lost lots of nice fish due to the light bite and ended up using stingers to catch them. We were in the same hole as the past few years and it treated us very good! grin.gif

Hope everybody else had good luck like we did, and looks like tomarrow will be a little better weather wise.

Good luck and keep the posts comming.

3 of us with our limit by 10:00. Biggest was 22". Fish were in 3-6 fow.

Good luck

Kupcho

Hey Kupcho, good to see your post! Wondered if you headed up here for opener, glad to hear that you limited! It wasn't as choppy out there early in the am as in the afternoon was it? (Pretty good size whitecaps when I was over there in the afternoon.) Since you were in the shallower water, were you able to reel in any perch too?

Hey Drake,

We did end up with about a dozen perch also. Just nothing really big. We kept a few of the 11" size.

Good luck

Kupcho

Hey Kupcho

Are we going to see you and your dad at Kraus??

It was a tough bite for us at Island Lake. I didn't feel like battling the wind on Sat. so only fished a few hours on the leeward side of the island with no eyes. Sunday we were out about 7 hours and had a short window where we caught a 19" & 20" and missed a couple and then nothing more. Due to the new slot we had to settle for Dockside ribs on Sunday night. It was fun being out.

Hey Chris,

Yeah we will be there!!! Last year we caught a lot of fish but only one that we could weigh in. 22.5" , 5 that are that size would be nice. Maybe this year will be different. Are you going to be there again?

take care

Good luck

Kupcho