• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Another quick question

I saw it on this board somewhere but I can't remember where. Can someone please give me the web address for the Remote Border Crossing Permit for Rainy Lake.

Thanks.

Soupy

Anyone now where you dock on the Canadian side for get the permit in person?

Joe

HI JOE,

YOU MUST EITHER DO IT ON LINE, OR IN PERSON, YOU CAN'T TRAVEL BY BOAT PRIOR TO HAVING THE PERMIT. THE PURPOSE OF THE RBCP(REMOTE BORDER CROSSING PERMIT) IS TO ALLOW YOU TO GO INTO CANADA, BY BOAT, WITHOUT GOING THRU CUSTOMS 1ST!!! THE COST IS 30 CANADIAN, FOR YOU, YOUR WIFE & KIDS(I BELIEVE, THEY MUST BE 18 & UNDER) NOW IF 4 GUYS ARE IN THE BOAT, EACH INDIVIDUAL MUST HAVE THE PERMIT., AND NOW A NEW LAW...WHEN YOU ENTER BACK INTO THE U.S., YOU MUST GO TO A U.S. CUSTOMS BOOTH & CHECK BACK INTO THE U.S.!!!

PRETTY SOON LAWYER JOE, PEOPLE ARE GOING TO HAVE TO HIRE YOU, TO RIDE IN THE BOAT WITH THEM, SO CAN UNDERSTAND THE LAWS.

MY UNDERSTANDING IS NOW YOU HAVE TO GET ANOTHER PERMIT FROM THE U.S. BORDER PATROL, I BELIEVE THE FINE IS HUGE IF YOU GET CAUGHT WITHOUT IT, AND THEY I SUPPOSE HAVE THE RIGHT TO CONFISCATE YOUR BOAT. I DO NOT THINK ITS IN EFFECT UNTILL TILL 2006, SO YOU NEED THE PERMIT NOW, BUT THEIR IS A GRACE PERIOD.

I'M SURE THIS WILL BECOME A BIG TOPIC!!!

SINCERELY,

FISHMIESTER

no doubt. as fun as it would be to face the law, and potentially lose equipment and time on the water - i too will stop by the i-falls customs office and give them 16 bones.

Anyone have more information on the new US permit? I've got my RABC and will be coming up in June but I can't find any info on the new US permit.

Thanks "FM" for the detailed info and helping me avoid an illegal entry into Canada by boat. laugh.gif

I will follow the masses and prepare my legal tender of 1600 Old, Dingy, and Green United States Pennies (in a bag and not in rolls) to surrender at the U.S. Customs Office in I-Falls for my permit to legally return to my country of origin. mad.gif

One more thing, "FM", for the RBCP to we simply pay the bridge fee and cross the bridge....wait our turn inside the Canadian Customs Office to pay the 30.00 for the RBCP....then pay another bridge fee and cross back to the U.S. where we then enter the U.S. Customs office with our Pennies? confused.gif

Thanks,

Joe

I can appreciate the law abiding nature of those who will pay for the permit to re-enter their own country. But I'm serious as a heart attack when I say I won't pay to get back into the country where I was born and served proudly in it's United States Marine Corps. NEVER.

I'll sit in jail, but they'll not get a penny from me.

soupy

HI JOE,

JUST WALK OVER, JUST PARK YOUR VEHICLE BY BORDER BOBS, THEN STOP BY THE U.S. CUSTOMS & TELL THEM YOUR WALKING ACROSS TO CANADIAN CUSTOMS TO GET A RBCP., NO CHARGE FOR WALKING OVER. YOU WILL BE ABOUT 2 BLOCKS FROM YOUR VEHICLE, WHEN YOU GET TO CANADIAN CUSTOMS(SHORT WALK) BRING SOME CANADIAN MONEY, YOUR DRIVERS LICENSE., AND HOPEFULLY NO-ONE IN YOUR PARTY HAS A D.U.I.(AS THEY CAN'T GET A PERMIT, OR GET INTO CANADA) HOPE THIS HELPS.

SINCERELY,

FISHMISETER