• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Was curious to see if anyone has fished Phelps Mill, Deer Lake, or Ottertail Spillway. My dad is coming up on May 21 for his usual week of fishing and he was wondering if anyone can give us some reports. He'll be shore fishing mainly fishing for pike but will be doing some walleye fishing. Any input would be appreciated. Good luck to all on walleye opener, wish I was there to join!

Tight Lines!

H20Hunter

I was out in the area looking for carp and rough fish to spear... I stopped at the spillway between ottertail and deer.. Just a few carp in there... I don't think you'll see to many people down there for opener.. I was looking to see if any walleyes were in there but I didin't see any... It usually gets quite the crowd of people early in the season... I've fished down at phelps below the dam for walleyes.. 2 years ago we caught some nice ones down there.. good 2 pound eaters. That usually doesn't heat up till later in the year though.. when the water temp rises... Nice thing about fishing down there is you rarely get a snag.. its mostly gravel and sand in the middle of the river...

Where are you guys staying?? I can give you some more info... just let me know...

Tacklebox

We have stayed on Deer Lake at 3 Lakes Resort every year since 88 so we know the area really well. But any other ideas or input would be great!

Have fished at Phelps a number of times and have had great success on pan fish. No Walleyes...yet though. Hey Tackle - how far below the dam do you go to catch the eyes. Am real interested to learn...our family just loves the park area and the old mill. My son and I will be up on the 26th/27th for a week. Our countdown is a little longer than you guys. Hope it is a good one, though. Thanks!

pc