• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Does anybody have a link to a topo map for the St. Louis from lake Superior South? Also how far down can a guy go, with how big of a boat? confused.gif

I dont understand your question. Are you wondering how far up the river you can go with a bigger Lkae Superior Boat? Most boats can get all the way to Water Street about 1/2 mile below the 23 bridge. After that its risky! You can follow buoys from the Wi. Entry all the way up river to where I said earlier.

You answered my question perfectly! I guess it would be going up river.....see what living in the cities does to a guy. I don't have a huge boat either, it's a 20 ft. with a cuddy, it's deep, but it sounds like I could down to the 23 bridge and thats what I was wondering. The weather sounds like it is going to be a little windy so I might want to stay off the big lake on Sat.

You wont get to the 23 bridge with that big and deep of a boat. You could get to about 1/2 mile down from the bridge. No matter how tempted you are to try to get up there dont. You wont make it and its not worth the hassel with all the boats with a boat that size anyways. You will catch a lot of fish down by waterstreet anyways. Troll some spinners and jig and you will do fine.

Where is water street.....geez, I feel like I'm asking all sorts of questions like a newbie! I guess I've never fished much below Boy Scout before.

Water street runs along the Mn. side of the river from 131st ave west and dead ends down past the mudslide. Its about 1/2 mile or so down of the 23 bridge. Its above walleye alley and just below the creek. Hope that helps.

Green and gold did ya get that motor fixed up yet? Ill guide you for a Fishing Mn. discounted rate of $100 a day if ya need. grin.gifwink.gif

Know exactly where it is! Didn't know that was Waterstreet. But I see the reasoning on the naming of the street laugh.gif

On that guide deal....Would you settle for a few cold kokanee's brews?? Brewed from the cold, clear waters of Ontario, Canada!! grin.gif

BRK drive up to our campsite one night and bring your brew. Maybe if its good and theres enough Ill help ya out. smile.gif

The last bouy is right before Water Street. I would not go any further than that on either side of the island. The fish will be spread out from the harbor to 23 bridge anyway, and most of the big pigs will be lower in the river. I have a gut feeling Spirit Lake will be the hot spot. My left elbow is itching so that's how I know.

confused.gifOK, so to recap if I go -UP- the river to the last buoy there will be some boy scouts just past a mudslide, watch for the water in the street, and the walleye will be all close together and biting anything I throw at them as long as I enter the spirit world before I reach the lake? Can somebody give me gps cordinates?

Great tips guys!!!!! Have a great safe opener and thanks for all your help!

-Dukhunter

Dukhunter your right on. Your just as sure of it as 75% of the people who will be out Sat. grin.gif

Funny thing is they put the GPS coordinates at the bottom of a beer can. The topo map of the river is there to.

Tman<----still working on finding it.