• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Does anybody have a link to a topo map for the St. Louis from lake Superior South? Also how far down can a guy go, with how big of a boat? confused.gif

I dont understand your question. Are you wondering how far up the river you can go with a bigger Lkae Superior Boat? Most boats can get all the way to Water Street about 1/2 mile below the 23 bridge. After that its risky! You can follow buoys from the Wi. Entry all the way up river to where I said earlier.

You answered my question perfectly! I guess it would be going up river.....see what living in the cities does to a guy. I don't have a huge boat either, it's a 20 ft. with a cuddy, it's deep, but it sounds like I could down to the 23 bridge and thats what I was wondering. The weather sounds like it is going to be a little windy so I might want to stay off the big lake on Sat.

You wont get to the 23 bridge with that big and deep of a boat. You could get to about 1/2 mile down from the bridge. No matter how tempted you are to try to get up there dont. You wont make it and its not worth the hassel with all the boats with a boat that size anyways. You will catch a lot of fish down by waterstreet anyways. Troll some spinners and jig and you will do fine.

Where is water street.....geez, I feel like I'm asking all sorts of questions like a newbie! I guess I've never fished much below Boy Scout before.

Water street runs along the Mn. side of the river from 131st ave west and dead ends down past the mudslide. Its about 1/2 mile or so down of the 23 bridge. Its above walleye alley and just below the creek. Hope that helps.

Green and gold did ya get that motor fixed up yet? Ill guide you for a Fishing Mn. discounted rate of $100 a day if ya need. grin.gifwink.gif

Know exactly where it is! Didn't know that was Waterstreet. But I see the reasoning on the naming of the street laugh.gif

On that guide deal....Would you settle for a few cold kokanee's brews?? Brewed from the cold, clear waters of Ontario, Canada!! grin.gif

BRK drive up to our campsite one night and bring your brew. Maybe if its good and theres enough Ill help ya out. smile.gif

The last bouy is right before Water Street. I would not go any further than that on either side of the island. The fish will be spread out from the harbor to 23 bridge anyway, and most of the big pigs will be lower in the river. I have a gut feeling Spirit Lake will be the hot spot. My left elbow is itching so that's how I know.

confused.gifOK, so to recap if I go -UP- the river to the last buoy there will be some boy scouts just past a mudslide, watch for the water in the street, and the walleye will be all close together and biting anything I throw at them as long as I enter the spirit world before I reach the lake? Can somebody give me gps cordinates?

Great tips guys!!!!! Have a great safe opener and thanks for all your help!

-Dukhunter

Dukhunter your right on. Your just as sure of it as 75% of the people who will be out Sat. grin.gif

Funny thing is they put the GPS coordinates at the bottom of a beer can. The topo map of the river is there to.

Tman<----still working on finding it.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• mulefarm
      With the early ice out, how is the curlyleaf pondweed doing?
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   The big basin, otherwise known as Big Traverse Bay, is ice free.  Zippel Bay and Four Mile Bay are ice free as well.  Everything is shaping up nicely for the MN Fishing Opener on May 11th. With the walleye / sauger season currently closed, most anglers are targeting sturgeon and pike.  Some sturgeon anglers are fishing at the mouth of the Rainy River, but most sturgeon are targeted in Four Mile Bay or the Rainy River.  Hence, pike are the targeted species on the south shore and various bays currently.   Pike fishing this time of year is a unique opportunity, as LOW is border water with Canada, the pike season is open year round. The limit is 3 pike per day with one being able to be more than 40 inches. All fish 30 - 40 inches must be released. Back bays hold pike as they go through the various stages of the spawn.  Deadbait under a bobber, spinners, spoons and shallow diving crankbaits are all viable options.   Four Mile Bay, Bostic Bay and Zippel Bay are all small water and boats of various sizes work well. On the Rainy River...  Great news this week as we learned sturgeon will not be placed on the endangered species list by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.     The organization had to make a decision by June 30 and listing sturgeon could have ended sturgeon fishing.  Thankfully, after looking at the many success stories across the nation, including LOW and the Rainy River, sturgeon fishing and successful sturgeon management continues.   A good week sturgeon fishing on the Rainy River.  Speaking to some sturgeon aficionados, fishing will actually get even better as water temps rise.     Four Mile Bay at the mouth of the Rainy River near the Wheeler's Point Boat Ramp is still producing good numbers of fish, as are various holes along the 42 miles of navigable Rainy River from the mouth to Birchdale.   The sturgeon season continues through May 15th and resumes again July 1st.   Oct 1 - April 23, Catch and Release April 24 - May 7, Harvest Season May 8 - May 15, Catch and Release May 16 - June 30, Sturgeon Fishing Closed July 1 - Sep 30, Harvest Season If you fish during the sturgeon harvest season and you want to keep a sturgeon, you must purchase a sturgeon tag for $5 prior to fishing.    One sturgeon per calendar year (45 - 50" inclusive, or over 75"). Most sturgeon anglers are either a glob of crawlers or a combo of crawlers and frozen emerald shiners on a sturgeon rig, which is an 18" leader with a 4/0 circle hook combined with a no roll sinker.  Local bait shops have all of the gear and bait. Up at the NW Angle...  A few spots with rotten ice, but as a rule, most of the Angle is showing off open water.  In these parts, most are looking ahead to the MN Fishing Opener.  Based on late ice fishing success, it should be a good one.  
    • leech~~
      Nice fish. I moved to the Sartell area last summer and just thought it was windy like this everyday up here? 🤭
    • Rick G
      Crazy windy again today.... This is has been the norm this spring. Between the wind and the cold fronts, fishing has been more challenging for me than most years.  Panfish have been moving in and out of the shallows quite a bit. One day they are up in the slop, the next they are out relating to cabbage or the newly sprouting lilly pads.  Today eye guy and I found them in 4-5 ft of water, hanging close to any tree branches that happened to be laying in the water.  Bigger fish were liking a 1/32 head and a Bobby Garland baby shad.   Highlight of the day way this healthy 15incher
    • monstermoose78
    • monstermoose78
      As I typed that here came a hen.  IMG_7032.mov   IMG_7032.mov
    • monstermoose78
      So far this morning nothing but non turkeys. 
    • monstermoose78
      Well yesterday I got a little excited and let a turkey get to close and I hit the blind!!
    • smurfy
      good......you?? living the dream..in my basement playing internet thug right now!!!!!! 🤣 working on getting the boat ready.......bought a new cheatmaster locator for the boat so working on that.   waiting for warmer weather to start my garden!!!
    • monstermoose78
      How is everyone doing? Holy moly it’s chilly this morning I stayed in bed and will hunt later today when it warms up.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.