• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Looks like the weather forcast for saturday is looking a little coooooooooooool. Perfect! I hope the wind starts blowing out of the NW friday morning about 20 mph, and doesn't let up until Sunday night. A guy can only dream. I love ducky weather, it keeps the more of the fair weather fans at home. Later, Paul

well isnt that too bad since i fish in any weather so ill be there without a doubt. Couple of days ago there was a T-Storm warning and lightning all around us but we were still spearfishing... gotta love it holding a metal spear and standing next to water, but i guess someone has to get rid of the carp.

~Matt

If someone is willing to be out there in the same kind of weather that I am, I don't mind shareing the water with them. Well, I don't mind sharing the water with anyone at anytime, It just gets a little crowded sometimes. Looks like I am going to get my with. They are saying 15-25 our of the NW. Boy is it going to be crowde in the narrows and around pleasant point.

The rookies can have the narrows, i know i'll be somewhere in the wind away from everyone else, that is of course after fishing all night and then getting a quick nap in.

I'll be in a black crestliner fishhawk with a 115 yamaha if someone sees me, say hi.

Well its time once again for that $10,000 funniest home video...shot of a life time. I know for a fact that somewhere out there is a boater and his brand new/used boat waiting for me to take that "right place at the right time" video. And what better time than in the middle of the night on fishing opener,when the wind is blowing 15-25, and those nerves of a new boat owner start twitching!! hee hee...kinda makes me laugh just thinking about it. Hey, i'm truely not a mean guy, i've been there and so have most of you. I'ts just one of those things all outdoorsmen/women go through.. And if i'm there to get a giggle or two out of it...well thats just fine!

Actually, I will, regardless of the weather, be out on washington also sat. night. (19" fisher with sponsorship logos on boat/truck). It would be nice to see a little of that NW wind come creeping in. If anyone is having trouble JUST ASK FOR HELP. I don't know how many times I've seen people need help at the ramp but were too stuborn to ask. I've met alot of the fishermen that go to washington and i can't think of one that wouldn't lend a hand if someone just asked. Be safe everyone.

i agree if they are willing to fish in the same weather as me they are alright with me. What i hate is people who cant back in their boats, so everyone who cant back in a boat go hook up to your boat and start backing it into your driveway. I hate sitting there waiting for all the "rusty" people trying to get their boats into and out of the water. I dont get that mad, but if you cant back in a boat plz let me go first! laugh.gif or let me back in your boat for you. That happen to me last your, an older couple couldnt back the trailer up to the boat, so i had to do it for him. He offered me money but i didnt take it, i was just glad to help.

~Matt

2 years ago at one of the landings on Madison Lake on opener a guy was tied up at the dock for i dont know how long working on his motor that wouldnt start. We all know how busy Madison gets, and we know the landings are crazy, now take away one side of the dock so you only have half the landing too use? It wasnt cool. Should have done that testing before opener for other peoples sake.

I Agree! If you have a 40 foot dock and are the first to put in...move your boat down the dock to the end or run it over to one of the westwood docks they dont mind! Thats why they're there. nothing worse than a guy taking 10 try's to get the trailer backed up. then finally gets it in to just leave it sitting there at the dock while he drives all the way to the other side of the parking lot walks half way bak then realizes he left his smokes on the dash of the car....etc... I tourny fish and we can (75 boats) can launch all the boats in the same time it take about 10 of these rookies to launch. I have no problem voicing my opinion about it..ASK FOR HELP! i'll drive your boat around to the docks or pull your car up for yah...Nothing worse than the "I CAN DO IT MYSELF" attitude when they obviously cant. Anyways back to fishing... where you guys thinking about starting i'm probably gonna hang around the weed line on second point for awhile if the wind plays right.

You know whats worse than someone taking there sweet time at the landing is that guy who stares you down or backs his boat right in front of you to make you hurry its happened to me and i tell ya what anyone who tells me to hurry at the landing isnt gonna have a good day and im not saying i dont take in to consideration to be as quick as possible but im am definetly not considering how much of a hurry you are in.

Everyone has their own idea on boat landing etiquette. Mishaps happen to everyone at the landings no matter how seasoned you are. The things that bother me is hearing some know-it-all cussing someone out not knowing the facts. I have seen it way to many times. I have noticed it at certain boat landings....many times it is how the landing is designed that causes the problems. All I can say is keep your cool!!! 15 more minutes are not going to make or break your day. Besides everyone is out there for the enjoyment of it all...right?

Good luck to all on the opener!

Hey rock tangler ....just hurry up and quit lookin at the guys waiting!!!!!

Fish bone has a good point, I know that things happen at the landings to boats whether the boat motor doesn't start or sombody is just trying to get t on the trailer the correct way and taking a long time. We all have to remember that fishing is supposed to be a fun sport for everybody and some of the people at the landings don't get out as often as the more avid fisherman.

I am sure that the guy at the dock who can't get his motor started is already stressed out enough about the situation but don't make his day worse by being abnoxious.

Hope you all have a good opener smile.gif!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with you guys. However i think we all know the guy that puts his boat in for the first time at 12:00 am fishing opener in the middle of a long line of boats, just to realize he should have winterized his motor cause it aint even giving him a solid cough. I now about problems at the dock and someone staring over your shoulder, shaking there head, doesnt help matters... But I think most of us realize the spot to work on your boat is not the center Isle of a 2 dock ramp ... I have to kinda laugh..Last night after my post earlier "I" was the guy that had the boat that wouldn't start! got it going after a couple of nervus minutes...good thing is there wasn't a single boat or trailer to be seen.

I think the cold weather and wind reports really scared alot of fishermen. It was actually very nice on washington. 2 empty trailers in the parking lot at 11:15 and 11 when I left at 2:00 (girlfriends Grrrr). slip bobbered all my fish in 2.5-4.5 ft of water between the weeds...fatheads and leaches.

We Dont need that attitude in here. We can get you removed if you like. I have notified operators of your childish behavior.

Whoaa Gentlemen...calm down, let's don't get carried away.

Boths sides have a good point, at landing some people is too pushy and some too inconsiderate, but let's don't forget we are here to enjoy it. We don't want to see cases of "dock rage".

If you want to fix your boat do it somewhere else, not at the dock, learn to backup trailer at home, and most important open the tailgate so you can see where you are backing up into. The guy that backs off the trailer right after I pulled my trailer out of water before I get back to my boat, gets his ears chewed out good, they can wait 2 more minutes for me to get back from parking ramp.