• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

road contruction by Akeley

Just a heads up for those that come up 64 into Akeley. The road is closed north of the Badoura Nursery into Akeley, you'll have to take a detour 6 miles into Nevis which adds about 15 minutes to your trip into Walker, just thought I'd remind everyone.

Thanks for the heads up. I am heading up June 7th, do you think the road will still be closed?

If you are coming up from the metro or Little Falls area, I would suggest that you take 371. It is now 4 lane the whole way to Nisswa except for 5 miles by Camp Ripley which is now being built to 4 lane. For those that have not been up 371 for a few years, there is also a bypass at Brainerd so that you do not have to go through downtown anymore. Basically 65 mph from Little Falls to Nisswa (from Brainer to Nisswa is posted at 60.) Good alternative to 64.

as long as we're on this topic...if you're coming home Sunday when you get past Lil Falls on 371 you usually run into traffic because of the stop light in (I can't think of the town it's where Mels on 10 and Treasure City are). I get off in Little falls and take the back roads to St Joseph, clear sailing the whole way...