• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Rivers Edge St. Stephen Lions Tourney

Has any one gotten a responce from the Jaycees smallie tourney yet. I mail in my money two days after I received the info. Then I found out you can sign up for the next years tourney right after the tourney at the way in. It would have been nice to no that. Did they anounce it at the tourney that you can sign up for it right there. I think the folks on this site that fish the tourney should come up with a list of suggestions to make this tourney process work a little better. I know that in past post someone sugested a different method on how to select your boat # other than when they receive your money. I guess I just needed to vent thanks for listening.

Are you just talking about getting your take off number from them or do you expect something else from them? I sent mine in also the day I got the form and haven't gotten anything back from them. It seemed like last year it was closer to tourney time before we got the takeoff numbers. I heard you could sign up at the tourney for the following year, but decided I would wait it out.

Last year I received a conformation that they received my entry form before the tourney.

hmmm...the only thing I got from them was my boat number/reminder. It was about a month before the tourney. I'm sure we'll get something,...hopefully...maybe.. smirk.gif

How do us potential newbies find out about this tourney, it's details, and register ourselves?

Pam @ 320-393-4248 / 320-393- 2584

BTW, Fonz...Way cool artwork.

Thanks Kevin. I'll be posting that design soon, now that the secret we were keeping from you has been revealed.

I spoke with Pam's husband on Thursday the payments that have been mailed in have not been prosessed yet. Also I was told that the field is not full yet.

Just spoke w/Pam and here are the details I told her I'd share with you:

Date: August 7th Time: 7a.m. to 3 pm

Artificials Only, catch & release, 5 best fish count

$150/boat entry fee Pay Out to top 10 places

1st place: $5,000 85 boat limit FYI-Last year they had 65 boats. So far this year they have just over 50 that have paid$$.

$5K for 1st? Holy Cow! That seems high. Now I'll have to really try.

Try what?? Like ike not bottoming the boat out?? shocked.gif Doh! Sorry HT. Just joking.

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif You'lle have to catch up with me first.....

In that new RP? shocked.gif You keep teasin' about it, but won't give up the RA.

I checked my flyer and it says 1st Place is $3K, 2nd is $2K. Still good money.

it's better money if you can run the tourney.

60 boats x's $150=$9000

And your odds of CASHING IN are not 1/60

Of course we all think that WE could win. Someone got $150, I'll drive my RiverPro and fish my butt off and split the winings 75/25 (I get 25%). But, I don't know the area North of Sartell at all, so you'd be a fool to take me up on that unless you can direct me to the honey holes.

Hmmm.. interesting. So when is this tourney again? I don't know about $150 because I don't know the area at all either, but I'm not saying we couldn't learn it between now and then grin.gif and when in doubt just follow KT and fish buzzbaits all day! I might be able to get the lady to let me spring half the entry...no clue, but my curiosity is percolating...

There ain't no secret holes...Find moving water and pound every rock, eddie, and riffel.

And don't forget...Summer Time, is Buzz Bait Time!

KT, aren't you in Monti now? The Library can't be open this early. Give me a shout this evening or in the AM. I'll be out there around 6am.

HT, I got delayed frown.gif. I hope to leave Sat PM and be there Sunday by noon.

Shoot - it's on a sunday. No bueno. I might be able to take a Sunday off if I can plan it into the schedule in advance. I'm still open to the idea. Fonz shoot me an email and we can discuss.

KT, Bummer. I'll catch up with you when you get here. You'll probably see me out there Sunday too. You have my cell #.

Fonz - I just sent you an email. After I sent the email, I dropped the question to my lady and she was like "Ok". I couldn't believe it! Watch come August when I say I'll be in St. Cloud for Sunday fishing in that tournament she'll be like... what tournament tongue.gif LOL.

So if we could split the entry fee I would be 80% in. I have to schedule Sunday off and need details, but that is the remaining 20%. So if you are looking for a partner, let's talk and get our entry in laugh.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I got the Postcard in that says we're 29th to take off. mad.gif What did you guys draw?

Boooo

I dont like the way they pick starting spots. Should be a draw.

Hey, quit complaining....eye guy, and I are 59th!!!! There should be an honorable mention for anyone taking off in the last 20 boats, who then manages a top 10 finish.

Let's see BLB last year we had 65 right? and we placed 11th, so if my screwy math means anything????? grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifshocked.gif

This is only the 3rd year I have been in the tourney and each year I move up a few spots this year I am 44.

Oh yea.

We are fine with our placement. laugh.gif