• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Late Call For Professional Services

Hi Vermilionites!

Gotta' love the quiet before the storm.

I'm hoping that there is a V. Guide of quality repute on this board who has the day of Monday,6-13 open for a full day guided service. Please post Contact here.

Should be an adventure as a very good friend & charter captain from Kona & Honolulu respectively will be visiting at that time. We are spending the week on Big V, even though I have a comfortable cabin on Eagles Nest #2 only 15 miles away. The chance to hook a Varsity fish lures us from comfort to camp.

So guides if you have that Monday free & would like the business Guiding & the Business of swapping stories regarding the Big Blue, please post.

Thanks a Ver-Milion! grin.gif

I should add that we would like to target the BronzeBacks & 'Eyes.

Casaloma...have that day available...I fish walleyes only...so if your looking for bass...muskies..there are some good guides that handle those fish well. As far as reputable...I would be happy to supply references or you can ask the other guides on this forum...thanks...phil

Thanks FWP

I was hoping to find a guide to fish both species. May-hap a morning / afternoon mix bag. This Hawaii guy is Really into catching some Smallies.

Will keep your contact info!

Thanks -CasaLoma

Hi casaloma,

I guide for smallies, however I am already booked for the month of June. Checkout the guide listing at lakevermilion dot com for contact info on most of the Big V's regular guides, I'm sure you will find someone there to suit our needs. grin.gif

"Ace" cool.gif

Thanks Ace,

I'll go there & hire!

Next Question.

Can anyone name a place where one can look into renting a nice island campsite for a number of days. I don't know if I want to risk the first come first serve nature of the designated campsites. If the price is reasonable for a nice site I'd rather do that.

Thank you & good luck to all as focus turns to the fishing the lake this weekend! -CLoma

I dont know of any where that you can rent a campsite on an island. There are quite a few nice sites on Hinsdale island and also a few really nice ones around portage bay but as you said they are first come, first serve. I could be wrong on the renting part but Ive never heard of any sites that you can reserve.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Gary The Guide had the afternoon off, so I booked him for the duration of that Mon. 6/13. He's willing grin.gif to fish smallies in the afternoon & Walleye in the evening, just what we are looking for.

Getting real excited for the early-mid June snap...

Later- CLoma

Yeah, Loma, I am getting out of control man, I just got another package from Cabelas today in the mail and I'm still waiting for another from Bass Pro Shops. Cabelas ships way faster but didn't have some of what I was looking for. I also went out and got a light for my forehead so I can look like some kind of Walleye hunting Cyclops. Like I said bro, I'm leaving all the Walldo tackle up to you so all the lindy stuff, spinners, slip bobbers and other goodies is your dept. Maybe we should check with Gary to see what we should stock up on? I have the Smallmouth chewables covered. I am very much looking foreward to stretching some fishneck with you, and Gary. Hey I was checking out the Vermilion web cam today... Did I see snow on the ground?