• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hi, I heard theres a new map out for OT thats supposed to be pretty good, guess it came out around December or so. I am wondering if any of you know the name of the map or company and if they have a site so I can check the company out to see what their like.

thanks

[Note from admin. You can find the LakeMaster ProMaps online at:

Minnesota-Lake-Maps.com.]

Hey Dano -

I think you may be looking for the Lakemaster version of Ottertail. I think you can look online Minnesota-Lake-Maps.com.

I hope this helps. The ProMap series and software are amazing! laugh.gif

I just got the LakeMaster MN MMC chip for my Lowrance LMS-330 and zoomed to Ottertail. Truly amazing. Ottertail in 1 foot contours at the touch of a finger. This will take a lot of the guess work out of locations on many of the high definition lakes. The DNR maps which are 5 foot contours may be a little more difficult, but at least a starting point. Should be interesting to see the results.

Take care!

[Note from admin: You can find this at:

Minnesota-Lake-Maps.com - MMC Chip.]

http://minnesota-lake-maps.com/

There is a new map indeed, and it is excellent. Three foot contours, and it really reveals a lot of new structure. Some of my favorite spots that were not on the old maps are now there for all to see...

You can get them through this site, just follow the link.

Yep, I bought it at the sportshow this winter. Very cool map, but no spot is safe from detection by this map.

I have a few questions regarding the Lakemaster program. First of all, I bought the paper copy of OT and it's spectacular! Anyway, I just got a Lowrance 332-color, and was wondering how you get the OtterTail map loaded into the unit? Do you buy the CD-Rom, and a blank memory chip and save the CD rom to the memory chip? Or is there specific Lakemaster chip already loaded with the OT map on it to buy. I was looking on the Lakemaster site and didn't see any chips for sale; just cd-rom's. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank You

Also, What kind of price am I looking at to get the Ottertail lake map chip? Or whatever I need.

I'm not sure which to buy.

Can I get jusut the map for OT? I dont want two hunderd and some odd maps.

Maybe I'm not searching close enough, can ya'll help.

I'm going for an eye exam next week, really,I have an appointment, heh, heh.

Fishlakeman:

First let me correct myself as I just looked at Ottertail and it's 3 foot contours not 1 foot, but it is still very accurate and will serve its purpose very well.

It is plug and play... MMC card is already loaded with everything...something like 300 lakes, 14 of them in 1 foot contours including the most of the big boys (Cass, Winne, Mille Lacs, Leech, Minnetonka, Gull, etc), 43 in 3 foot contours including (Ottertail, Vermillion, Alex. Chain, etc). The remaining 250 lakes on the chip are 5 foot contours and aren't the best for acurracy but will get you in the area...

The 1 and 3 foot contours are almost right on...Here is a list of the lakes included on the chip...

Minnesota-Lake-Maps.com - MMC Chip.

The chip will run you $100...and If you ask me that is a great price for what you are getting. In the past you would pay upwards of $200 for a chip of just 1 of the 1 ft. contour lake making all of the old chips obsolete. Lake Master does all the work for Navionics as well so you are getting the same quality that is delivered with that chip.

After purchasing the card I went home, inserted it into the slot, fired up my LMS-330C and bam...instant contours for over 300 MN lakes.

Hope this into helps!

Take care!

How do fish have a chance any more. Please practice catch and release!!!!!

I believe the evolution of GPS technology has just taken the guess work out of finding your favorite honey-hole. Not a new thing, GPS technology has been available to the public for at least 10 years. GPS in coordination with mapping just gives the user a little more perspective than before.

In my past experiences I still have to find the fish and the fish still have the option to bite or not, which still makes it 'fishing', if you caught a fish all the time it would be called 'catching'. I actually wish I was catching more often, but that is what makes fishing challanging even with all the high tech electronics/software that is now available. I have no remorse for 'catching' fish as a large majority of the fish I do catch, I release.

Sometimes I do wish that we could revert back to the old ways and fish in a more traditional fashion, unfortunately we can't undo the technology that exists, nor can we stop it from advancing further. We can however become more responsible fisher-people to assure that the resources that are available today will remain for the generations to come.

Take care!

Just because it looks good on the map doesn't mean it will produce fish! The best map in the world doesn't show you the "spot on the spot". That's something you can only find by fishing the spot and catching fish there. Getting to the spot is Step 1, it's what you do after you drop your line in the water that really matters.

Gissert,

I followed the link and looked everywhere, but I couldn't find where they were offering an Ottertail Map. I found where they had the Ottertail CD-ROM for sale, but since I can't download it to my GPS, I just wanted the paper map. Was I just looking in the wrong place?

Thanks for the help! ! ! !

THANKS CHUCK N AND GISSERT ! ! ! grin.gif I found it. Will be ordering it this evening the second I get home.

My family and I are up there for one week per year (been 24 years now) and while we have many a favorite spot, this might just help us be a little more mobile.

One quick question...I have a GPS...but not one new enough to be able to download anything from a computer. Will the map itself have way to figure the coordinates for a certain spot that I could manually enter into my GPS?

Thanks again guys! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

First of all, thanks alot for the info!! Very much appreciated! I do have a few questions though. I see that they have MMC chips for just individual lakes like Winni and Mille Lacs. Are they the same maps that you get with the Minnesota Pro Map series? And this Minnesota Pro Map Series gives me the most accurate map of OtterTail out there, correct? Just double checking. I just had a friend put the last one at the Scheels Fargo on hold for me, just wanna make absolutely sure it's what I'm thinking of. The reason I might be confused is bacause I used to work for Gander Mountain 2.5 years ago, and one chip with one lake was $250. I just find it hard to believe that all these lakes are on one chip, with 58 high contour maps for only $100, but that's what it looks like.

HOF,

I have an old Garmin III that I have to manually plug in GPS coords. It is relatively easy to use a ruler to pinpoint exact spots and punch the numbers in. Once you study it you will get the hang of it.

There are many GPS coordinates on the map itself giving away popular fishing spots. (Even one of my most trusty spots is pinpointed for everyone to see on that map.)

fishlakeman,

I believe so, that's what I read too. The $100 package has "Minnesota ProMap Series

Lowrance MMC chip for 273 premier Minnesota lakes." All ProMap lakes 1-3 ft contours and 215 other 5 ft contour lakes.

I am going to order the CD Rom edition myself and pre-fish at home on the rainy days. grin.gif

Thanks again ChuckN for the information. I sure appreciate you helping this "out-a-stater", although I was born in MN. Does that count for anything? confused.gif

My week vacation up there is something I look forward to probably more than anything else. It's unbelievable that a grown man can still end up acting like a kid going to his first circus, but I it do every summer come Ottertail time!

Take Care, and have a great opener! grin.gif

DOAH!! an out-of-stater!! shocked.gif

Just joking, glad we could all assist. Enjoy your trip HOF!!

Correct. St. Cloud Gander Mountain is moving something like 30 of these chips a week. They are selling quick so you did the right thing by putting one on reserve. When you get to the store ask them to throw it in a LMS-332 and preview it. I was sold on the spot. Hard to beleive the price...

[Note form Admin: You can get your ProMap Series MMC Chip, CD-ROM, or Data Card by

Clicking Here for ProMaps at Minnesota-Lake-Maps.com ]

Here is the email that I received back in February from LakeMaser:

Greetings to All Anglers,

We are proud to announce the release of the incredible new product from Lowrance, the

Lowrance / LakeMaster ProMap Series MMC. You have all patiently waited for this product

and we greatly appreciate your continued support. The Lowrance / LakeMaster ProMap Series MMC

is now available and we are taking orders. This incredible product contains 58 ProMap Series

high-definition lake maps, PLUS 215 LakeMaster lakes. You will be amazed at the

price!

If you are in the market for a new GPS or you have always wanted a GPS, now is

the time to take advantage of LakeMaster's incredible GPS packages. We currently

are offering the most popular Lowrance and Garmin GPS units.

To review these products, and see our incredible new products,

please Click Here for ProMaps at Minnesota-Lake-Maps.com

Thank you for all of your support and helping us continue to create the most incredible

map data ever!

Best Regards,

LakeMaster Lake Maps

Customer Service Department

Hope this helps and good luck with the chip...

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Just a quick note, you don't need to reserve your Minnesota LakeMaster Lowrance MMC Chip as mentioned in the post above.

They can be ordered and in your hands normally within 2 days by

Clicking Here for Minnesota's Lowrance MMC Chip.

Support FishingMinnesota.com and make your purchase at the link above.

Woo..Hoo...I ordered my Ottertail Map last night. Can't wait till it get's here! grin.gif

I received my Lakemaster Ottertail Map in the mail yesterday. Let me tell you all...This map is incredible. The detail of all the structure is amazing. Whether you are an experience angler or a beginner, I highly recommend getting this map. It's is well worth the cost.

After seeing how awesone the map is, I cannot imagine how great the Lakemaster CD is. I may just have to get one of those too! grin.gif

It's sweet I got mine 2-3 weeks ago. I'll never be able to use all the detail, but I'll be able to use whichever parts of the detail on whatever of the lakes I choose to fish. Pick a spot, zoom it in, make some waypoints print it out. There's not much to it, other than learning the commands & controls. If I can figure it out it's pretty easy. I need an interpreter when I try to play hunting games & get the hunter to move & shoot, etc.

[Note from Admin: You can get your ProMap Series MMC Chip, CD-ROM, Data Card or Paper Map by

Clicking Here for ProMaps at Minnesota-Lake-Maps.com ]

Lakemaster does have a map for Rush, just not in the detail that Ottertail has.

It is basically the DNR map. It still works very good for finding the spot you want to fish on the map.

Excellent product, I have been very, very pleased with mine.