• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

This will be my first year hitting Shag for opener. We'll be doing Cap in Int Falls on Saturday (which we do every year and never had much luck on opener) and moving to Shag on Sunday. We really want to get to know this lake this year and were hoping some of you had some ideas for opening weekend. We were thinking of trolling with some Lindy's or just jigging around Sandy Beach, Old Stinky and some of the reefs if we can find them easily. Any tips?? Shorter opener this year. I can thank the wife for that but I've learned to pick my battles and realize it's a long season. grin.gif

I guess I would concentrate on Olson, the North Shore, and closer to the Burntside river mouth area. The water is still plenty cold and the suckers just finished running up the Burntside. It might be a little early for the ditch.

And with the forecast for chances of rain and highs in the upper 40s and lower 50s through the week and on Saturday, doesn't look like the water will warm much 'tween now and opener.