• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Navionics chip

Nova

I just went to Gander to buy the Navionics chip and the guy behind the counter talked me into buying the Lowrance chip instead. He put it in a graph and it looks the same, but before I open it does anyone have any input on this? Any help would be appreciated. confused.gif

I would make sure that the lowrance one has the 1' contours to start with. Other than that I couldn't say much I have never seen the lowrance one.

Either way I would take it back and get the premier navionics chip.

I just bought mine this spring with a X-17 and W-O-W-!-!

I LOVE IT!!! laugh.gifsmile.gifshocked.gif

I fish Wisconsin quite a bit too, so that helps my cause.

but man it is Awesome!

the lakemaster chip does have the 1' contours of mille lacs and it also lets you zoom in closer then on the navionics premium. if you plan on fishing any of the other states on the premium chip like wisc, iowa, mich, or the great lakes or lake of the woods/rainy, then you might want to go back and get the navionics premium chip. if you only fish minnesota then do not waste that extra money on lake maps that you wont use and stay with the lakemaster.

The chip is a great tool, but don't forget to update your software to your units. I have lowrance electronics and you can update your software on their site (it takes a long time and you have to have the ports to download into unit) I did the simple thing and took it to Thorne Brothers and it took a few minutes to do this, The current version is 3.6. It makes a huge difference. If you are going to the expence of buying the mmc chip, update your unit.....it is FREEEEEEE.

I also just bought the navionics and am running it on my x-19c it is very detailed on some of the bigger and popular lakes, and most of the other lakes just use dnr lake info but still very nice to have. sorry i cant help on the lowrance version.

I have the Lakemaster chip, and I would recommend it. You can really zoom in, have 58 MN lakes with 1 or 3 ft contours, and also have all the details for off lake down to street levels, names of hotels, resturants, etc. built in for when traveling on the road or getting around town. The way to go if using predominately in MN.

Ha, this will turn into a "Strikemaster/Jiffy" or better yet, a "Marcum/Lowerance" bickering thread !!! ooo.gif

I own both Chips !!

Ok, here ya go...

The Navionics is fairly good, but the Lakemaster is far better !!

You can zoom closer with contours down to 0.02 mi with the Lakemaster, plus, there's a very small hump on Winnie that's marked PERFECTLY on the Lakemaster and the Navionics hasn't a clue it's there !!

Navoinics has me ruinning 100' onto shore down the St. Croix and the Lakemaster has me in perfect position at the correct depth right where I'm suppose to be.

So, I hope that settles that!

Get the Lakemaster. wink.gif

When you guys refer to the lakemaster, is that the Lowrancce chip? If so it sounds like I want to keep it. I have used the navionics on Mille Lacs and it is very accurate according to the sonar. If the Lowrance chip is that good or even better I will keep it for sure. My new 104c should be at my house this afternoon, so new upgrades will already be on it. Thanks for the input, it really helps.

Yes, they are referring to the Lakemaster/Lowrance chip that just came out this year. Chip cost about $99.99 and you do get hundreds of lakes with 58 of em' in the 1 to 3 ft. contours.

This chip also includes all the road maps a guy could ever need!!

I'm in St.Cloud has has all the roads mapped down to a T!

If this helps any on the Lakemaster chip. I bought mine at Cabelas for $99. At the MPLS Sportsman Show Lakemaster said they had a new chip for Lowrance at $99 this year. The chip came in a small manila colored bubble pack (5" x 7"). It had the Lowrance name in bold on it. The part number was 000-0108-180 LKPM-1. Then on the Cabelas's price tag it had Minnesota. A little difficult to tell what I was getting. Cableas just told me it was the Lalemaster chip. I actually waited a little while until I confirmed the Lakemaster was the way to go.

That's the one I got. Just wired up my new 104C last night and loaded the chip. Awesome detail, can't wait to check the accuracy against the sonar. My wife just about filled her pants when I zoomed right in on our house. This thing is great. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

I bought the Navionics one. Partly so i could have Lake rathbun in Iowa on chip. I also fish gull / minnetonka / peppin. How beneficial is it really to zoom in that last little bit? Does the lakemaster include lakes in minnesota not on the navionics one? I had thought the navionics one actually had more lakes? Would it be beneficial to spend the extra 100 to have both chips?

from what I saw last night the lakemaster has great detail of minnetonka. I have been told lakemaster has more lakes in MN. plus roads boat launches. I'll report on Tuesday how accurate it is compared to the sonar.

Does the Lakemaster chip have anything on it for pool 4 or Lake Pepin?

I forgot I'm not supposed to do that confused.gifconfused.gif. I'll report on pool 4 and Peppin when I get back tuesday.

Crossin,

On the Lakemaster Chip, Pool 4 is a high definition map. It has depths, wing dams, etc. It is dead on.

Actually, the navionics chip has more lakes in Minnesota on it than the Lakemaster. If the Lakemaster had a couple of lakes on it that I fish in Alex, I would already own it. From my understanding, the Lake of the Woods chip is made by Navionics and Lakemaster bought the right to reproduce this information. Garmin will not pay Navionics at this point for that info, that is why Garmin does not have an accurate map for Lake of the Woods.

Does This have all of the lake or just the Minnesota portion?

Thanks,

MG

I have both chips The Lakemasters chip will work on my LCX 15mt and I run the Navionics on my 110. I will have to start fishing to say witch one is best. tongue.gif

The Navionics does have more MN lakes but does not have near as many high definition lakes.

EJ

I have used the Navionics chip and I own the Lakemaster chip. Navionics downfall is its inability to zoom in. The Lakemaster chip zooms in very nicely. I was running the lakemaster chip on one of the 3' mapped lakes this last weekend and was very impressed. There were occasions where some drop offs on long break lines were a tad bit off but I was very impressed with how accurate it was on mid lake humps and reefs.

I believe its one foot contour lakes are every bit as good as the same ones on Navionics, with the ability to zoom in.

One other thing that I like about the Lakemaster - it color codes its contour lines so it is very easy to see at a glance if you are moving into shallower water when you are moving fast. The Navionics uses all black contour lines but it does shade the shallow water, which helps.