• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I fished a few lakes in the PB state forest last week. The water was still cold, and the panfish had not moved shallow on any of the lakes I fished. There was absolutley nothing going on on Lake Hattie on friday. I spoke with an old timer at the launch and on the lake, he fishes it almost exclusively and was catching nothing, so I felt better. ON another small lake I found active gills in 15-17 FOW late in the afternoon I kept 8 that were 7-9 inches. I also caught about a hundred thousand 6-7 inch perch. On the third lake I fished it was small kamakazie pike on the reed edges, a few bass, and a few nice little walleyes.

In most spots I was graphing what I assume were crappies about 4-6 feet down and I threw everything I had at them but could not get them to bite. But they are probably biting now that I'm sitting at my desk.