• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I just read a page in the paper about how the 2001 spawn of fish in the area lakes is going to be the keeping catch this year. I was wondering which lakes everyone is going to be on for the opener this year? The news really played up Lake Lura, does anyone fish this regularly? If my trip up north falls through I need to know which local lake to fall back on..

If our take a kid fishing weekend was an indication of whats to come the walleyes should be good to go on Madison! We were targeting crappies but some how the walleyes were a bit more aggressive. Check out the Kid fishing post for a few pics.

Rippin eyes

I see you're from Arlington. You lived there all your life? Just curious 'cause I'm obviously not that far away, but don't think I've heard your name before. I went to school there. First graduating class of the new pairing with Gaylord in 1991.

Man, next year is my 15th class reunion. That sucks! (in a way). smile.gif

I'll be on Gorman.

If I can get on that is. Or I'll find the lake with the least amount of boat. That's my plan.

I'll be on Tetonka because I have been catching those 12" walleyes from lasty year and they are 14"-16" keeper size now. If you want a limit of eyes this is the place to go!!!!

JUst my 2 cents!!!

GOOD FISHIN!!!!!

I hear ya Jack, i think they have been for longer than 5 years.

from what i have seen every one calls them 14"er's right now anyways. I have caught well over a 1000 fish in that lake in the last 2 years and 95% were 12" or less. I have also seen people taking limits of these fish home day after day.

I gotta chuckle at 8-12"...Dont forget about all those 5 inchers we see people tuck away in the yellow and white minnow buckets to fill there limit

I'll say it's been over 20 years i been fishing this lake.Every year you catch hundreds of small eyes year around.(Where do they go?))Oh i cant wait until next year those 400 eyes i released that were 12 inchers will all be eaters.Well it's the same song and dance every year guys.

You see people keeping 4 or 5 here and there maybe 8 inchers.That takes it's toll.Then you see people keeping 5,6,7,8 lbers to eat.Each to his own i guess but it would be nice to see a few more of those get thrown back in just so i dont have to hear about those same people fishing a week later and complaing where are the fish at.

Happy opener guys i'm stuck outa state where no eyes are to be found.Guess i'll miss all the bloopers at the landing.Best part of the new fishing season in my mind.Good luck all

Bass catcher,

I've lived here my whole life, class of 98!! Soon I will be moving to Brainerd, aww yes, gods country!!

Rippin eyes

You would have graduated right in between my two other brothers. Parrott name ring a bell?

I know what you mean. There are places though, that you can get a decent # of 15-18 inchers though. But I know what you mean about all the little ones. It's been like that for as long as I have been fishing it. And yes, you do see a fair amount of the little buggers being kept, especially around the opener. Kind of sad, but Tetonka isn't the only place that happens. confused.gif

Basscatcher & Rippin,

More of us around here than I thought .. I'm a member of Sibley East's class of '96.

Happy opener ...

pikehunter

I believe you would have graduated with my brother then, Bryan Parrott.

Hey it's not just walleye opener.

The Walleyes may be as small as you say. But there are some big pike in Tetonka.

Then again I heard someone hooked a 29.5 inch Walleye while crappie fishing on Gorman 2 days ago. That would be 10lbs.

Hey Pikehunter, we used to love beating up on your baseball team in high school grin.gif. I went to Mankato Loyola, class of 96'. Later, Paul

Bass, Actually, I graduated the year before your brother Bryan ... he's a good guy.

Mr. Walleye, I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure we split the season baseball series in 96. I do remember the absolute pounding we administered to Landkammer and company on the football field that year though!

I'm coming back to the area this weekend to fish Madison Lake for opener, which explains why I'm trolling the southern MN forum again, I guess. I got to know the lake pretty well when I was at MSU (too much fishing, too little studying) so I like to make it back there four or five times a summer. Should be an interesting bite this year with the weird weather.

Ahhhh, the rivalry between Mankato Loyola and Sibley East...it still exists! smile.gif Each school is pretty competitive against each other. I never knew what the fuss was all about when we joined with Arlington/Green Isle in 1990/1991 because we were just Gaylord and were rivals with our conference foe GFW. But, after playing baseball my senior year, I understood very well the rivalry. Kinda miss those days, but wouldn't give up where I'm at now for the world.

Hey Jack

This is a get to know forum so bite that trebbbbbble hook a lil harder next time.Might help those lips from slappin together.

By the way - - - Get the boat ready i'll be back around mid week.Gotta check out the monster eyes at the south dam they should still be near by

Pike, football never was our strong sport. It's hard to find some good players when you only have 150 boys in the school to choose from. I think my senior year they even had a girl playing with them shocked.gif. Anyways, I'll probably be out on madison too saturday. I'll be in a red 16' lund with a 50 Merc on the back. It's actually a 82' "Mr. Pike" if you can believe that. I'll be in all camo and my old man will most likely have on some green rain gear. Maybe see ya out there. Later, Paul Stoffel