• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

So where is everyone going for Opener?

Ok guys whats everyones plan for opener? I myself have not yet decided, possibily going to make a trip up to Gull Lake? But I was curious as to where everyone else was going?

~Matt Jung

I am going to wait the crowds to subside and go up Lake Vermillion on Tuesday after opener through Sunday.

Headin up to my cabin in Aitkin on Elm Island Lake for some pike fishing. Last year got over 30 3+ pound fish trollin cranks. Hopefully we have some of the same results. Good luck to everyone else.

I'm headed to S. Lindstrom/Chisago. My wife's grandparents have a cabin on N. Lindstrom, we're staying overnight and heading out around 5:00am. Anyone know if the water level is high for easy travel under the hwy8 bridge between North and South Lindstrom?

D RoG I'm headed to Elm Island lake in the summer with my wife. The DNR showed the crappie population pretty strong a couple years ago. Do you happen to know how it was last year? Any large crappies or a lot cought?

howwe- water levels are low in the Lindstrom area... not much for water depth in that culvert.

Thanks D.D. I'll have to check it out this week. I have a 14ft 5hp so I won't have to worry about needing deep water.

3 lakes in 2 days. Open on Koronis, Sat evening on Minnewawa & Sun-Mon on Mille Lacs.

Hopefully Luck will bite some raps this weekend!

I'll be out on independance at 10 pm friday(2 hours of scouting with the camera) then fishing at midnight.

I have to wait for Bass opener. I'll be in Monticello fishing the river for Mrs. Smalljawz.... cool.gif

I'll be hitting a couple different Minneapolis lakes chasing the walleyes around... If I have too much energy later in the day after my nap I may go try to hook a trout or 3 on Christmas... smoked trout sounds pretty good.

I am going to Mille Lacs Lake for the opener. I am going to fish the south west side of the lake. I want to try to stay away from the crowds.

I was going to WBL Friday night but now I'll be going to work on Saturday morning. crazy.gif

Waconia, for the Sealegs!! Not much sense fighting the traffic would rather stay in town!!

Sealegs

Why would you go anywhere but the River or WI, the real opener is not for 2 more weeks cool.gif

Out with my little Bro on Tonka 12am ( Jig-n-Minnow)>*)))))><

Look out wallies here we come.

Later,

Chris

i will be out at the cabin on big carnelian fishing for pike and crappies and maybe a walleye if we get lucky, also fishing out on the river during the middle of the week. goin out there for the first time on the opener, starting a new tradition with all my high school buddies, fishing and drinkin some brew what could be better.

iceman

iceman

Tonka tonight,Rush Saturday

Good luck & good memories.

My brother-in-laws wedding. frown.gif The dude just can't remember what state he lives in. grin.gif