• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I am thinking about fishing on one of the two lakes listed above. I have fished on North Center once in the winter and did ok. I never have been on Bone lake before. The Bone Lake I'm referring to is the one by Forest Lake.

Can anyone give me some advice on either of the two lakes. I'm leaning towards fishing Bone. I will be fishing mainly for crappies and walleye. More so the crappies since I will have two small kids with. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sunrise

I'm guessing you won't be fishing walleyes this weekend, right? They aren't quite fair game yet (May 14th).

I'd pick North Center over Bone. North Center has a little bit better quality panfish, a little more structure, and more places to hide if the wind is blowing. Any of the shallow bays should be a good bet for panfish action this time of year.

Why not fish them both?... Both lakes hold good numbers of fish. In my opinion North Center is a little easier to fish for someone who doesnt know the lake. As all it takes is to look at a topo map of the lake and you can pretty easily pick the good areas for both crappie and walleye. Bone is a deeper lake, yet will get less boat traffic. However, both lakes have decent numbers of fish and you should have a good time.

The other option is If you fish North Center you then could also fish South Center unless your boat is too large to get under hwy 8 bridge. I know if I was a kid I would think going under the road would be a fun thing.. then you would have more water to fish as well.

Ray, your just a quicker typer than me man!

Great minds think at the same time.

If you are thinking Opener weekend, Bone is a gem of a walleye lake! North Center is a darn good one as well, So many lakes so little time!

Cory Frantzick

I used to do well on Bone until last year. Seems after it was in the paper as the lake of the week it got a lot of pressure and after that I couldn't seem to find any walleyes with any size. A few years ago I had the kids out and we did really well for walleyes there.

Thanks for the good insite...and yes...I'm planning it for next weekend. I forgot about the bridge thing. That might be a good option to fish on N. Center/S. Center. I have to keep my two boys entertained for the day. (and myself... smile.gif

Thanks again. and keep the advise coming if anyone else has some.

sunrise - I'll be on the barge on South Center this weekend.

I did some pre-fishing last week on North and South Center and caught a few.

Should be a blast this weekend.

Good Luck!

Don

That's always a good idea to publicly advertise that activity considering our dedicated COs monitor this site.

Not only that ray.. but on the lake that Shultz(Co for chisago Co.) lives on?

Not a CO that is willing to look away from any infraction. He's fair, but he will enforce a rule.

Good, I'm not the only one who thought that a goofy thing to admit.

Clarification - I was with pre-fishing for a league event. The species was crappie. Not fishing for eyes, bass or northerns.

I'm on the up and up.

Don

Thank you for the clarification... sorry that we jumped to a conclution?

Ortlo-Do you fish the East side fishing league.. or something like that?.. I know a few people that fish that multi species league. Otto, and Mark Gibson?

Hey Deitz,

Ortlo was fishing with me and I'm in the league. Unfortunately our results in the "event" were nothing like the fishing we had on the previous Thurs! I guess that's how it usually goes. Gibson's team won there second strait event!

Luck- Gibs a pretty darn good hook.. loosing to him is usually a given!