• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Circle Me Bert!

ZapBranigan

Did you ever find yourself watching the twins on a nationally televised show. I did and I found that I was really disappointed with the sportcasters. Like during the playoffs.

Dick and Bert are a part of my enjoyment of the Twins. Not since Halsey Hall can I remember the announcer mattering as much. These guys are great. Not that I thought John Gordon was that bad just that these guys are soooo much better. Besides John was an LA boy. Who made it obvious when someone called from "Hibby" Mn. Nice try John. Danny Gladden is strapped to a job as a pitch man. Yuck. Way to much sales junk on the evil neighbor durring the play. Oh well my hats off to Bert and Dick.

And Thanks fellas.

My favorite part about listening to Bert is when he gets on his nonsense rambling tangents that Dick can only laugh at. As far as Dick goes, he get's old. I don't dislike him, but he's not the best either.

I disagree about the 830am guys though. Herb/John and Dazzle Dan do a great job. I catch just as much Twins action on the AM as I do on the TV (especially when driving home from "up north"). Dazzle and John Gordon are forced to do those commercials and they may be somewhat shameless plugs, but they're local shameless plugs which makes them much better than national commercials on TV!

My 2 Cents. Go Twins!

I love Dick and Bert. They are some funny characters. I also like Joe Morgan and Jon Miller from Sunday/Wednesday night baseball.

Ditto on your comments. I love Dick & Bert & think they're the right combination. Jon Miller & Joe Morgan do a great job too, Joe can be a little arrogant, but he generally knows his stuff.

I like the radio crew too. Herb has kind of lost it, at least partially. I also get tired of the other two butchering names that everyone knows, but not a big deal most of the time. It seems like Gladden may have cut down on his "tell ya what's" a little this year or whatever that phrase is he says again, & again, & again...

Bert absolutely cracks me up though. A lot of the stuff he says is really off focus, but who cares, it's funny.

I thought it was funny when someone had a sign "circle me dick" and bert would not for the live of him circle the person. Bert gave dick some crap if they wanted you to circle the fans then they would have the tele promter on his side of the booth! Anyone else remember when Bert cut off dick's tie during one of the games? I cant remember why he did it but I laughed so hard! awww bert your the man

Ahhh Bert! Anyone else catch that Maxim article last year that highlighted the 12 or so pitchers with 10,000 strikouts (may have been a different stat, I'm not sure)? Anyways Bert was in the article and when asked why the game has progressed (hitting) his explanation was that the cows we grow these days have tougher leather. Then when asked if he could go back to the game he told the interviewer -are you crazy? I threw a few innings in a charity game and couldn't wipe my own a$$ for a week!

I love those kind of Bertisms!

I like the way he goes on and on about his birthday from opening day, and then when fans bring signs to the game that say "Happy Birthday Bert, Circle Me!" he asks Dick, "How did they know?"

Dick and Bert are the best. Not only is Bert a riot, he's got the old school pitchers frame of mind. As an added bonus he knows the game very well. I'll take nothing away from Dick either, Dick knows ball.

Plus it's fun to listen to Bert pick on Dick. grin.gif

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Wanderer
      A co-worker reported they had some the best fishing ever on V last weekend.  Trolling 6-8 feet in the morning with HJ10’s.  Where the water temps were in the mid/low 50’s
    • PSU
      Those campsites are right across the water from us. Seem pretty well protected and I haven't heard of challenging over there. Holiday weekends they fill up very fast
    • mdogdaddy
      My son camped on Hinsdale with his aluminum runabout. Nice site but walking across the hull parked on uneven ground he separated a couple of the rivets.
    • herm
      Thanks "Skunked Again!" I searched old posts and it sounds like my fiberglass boat might not be the best rig for Hinsdale. Still, would appreciate more advice/input. 
    • SkunkedAgain
      I don't know about either of them, but welcome to the forum.
    • SkunkedAgain
      I destroyed my main propeller saving a neighbors dock section from ramming my other neighbor's dock. Definitely watch out for each other out there.   Raven77 - on the plus side of the high water, the floating swim platform that you sold me the other year was able to just float off of the rocks that I had beached it on. No need to do any heavy lifting this season! I'm glad that I tied it to a tree as usual.
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...  A great 2022 MN Fishing Opener for most anglers.  The walleyes and saugers are hungry and the bite is on!  Good numbers of fish caught. Lots of big fish amongst the eaters.  Most anglers were vertically jigging in 6' - 20'.  Anchor up and jig over the side of the boat.  A nice mix of sizes.   The water is a bit dirty on the east portion of the south shore due to runoff from the rivers.  A bright jig with a minnow is the most productive. Reports were also good from the west portion of the south shore.  A bit cleaner water and equally good bite.  Lots of big fish mixed in with eaters.  Some anglers fishing on structure or on the edge of structure where available. On the Rainy River...   A lot of walleyes in the river as predicted, but the current is ripping and the water is a bit dirty.  Those who found slack water often found fish.  The norm was 6' - 15' with a bright jig and minnow.   Typical spots in the main channel were tough to fish due to high current.  The fast moving water helped to congregate fish.  Once you found them, there were normally good numbers. Sturgeon fishing is closed until July 1st.  July 1 - Sep 30 is a sturgeon keep season with one fish per calendar year 45" - 50" or over 75". Up at the NW Angle...  A great jig bite up at the Angle for the opener.  Most fish were caught in 6' - 20' adjacent shoreline structure, neckdown areas and on some shallow flats. Again, a jig and minnow was by far the most common method vertically jigged below the boat.  With cold water, a subtle presentation.  Both fatheads and frozen shiners worked well. Various ways to travel to the Angle. 1.  Drive through Canada to the Angle  (must be vaccinated, no covid test required) 2.  LOW Passenger Service (charter boat service across the lake avoiding customs)  3.  Lake Country Air.(fly from various Midwest locations to LOW and NW Angle) 4.  Take your own boat.  (Safety first, this is a 40 mile ride over big water)  
    • herm
      Greetings all! Our group (two boats/five guys) is looking at fishing/camping trip based at Hinsdale Island Campground or Wake 'Em Up Bay Campground in about 3 weeks.  Can anyone advise about Hinsdale, especially the shoreline for landing boats? (Is it sandy or rocky? Mostly protected?) We're also wondering how busy both campgrounds are? We've stayed at Wake Em Up,  but that was 6-8 years ago and it was mostly empty...just the host and 2-3 others. Nowadays, do either or both fill up on June weekends? (We'd probably arrive on a Saturday, stay most of the week.) Of course, we also welcome suggestions for walleye techniques, depths, etc. We tend to fish smallies during the day and chase eyes in the evening.  Thanks in advance for your help! 
    • ReefWhooligan
      Saturday we got beat up by the wind all day long driving around to the usual spots and didn't catch a thing.  Towards the evening we went in shallow and ended up catching 7 keepers in 6ft of water on slip bobbers.
    • MikeG3Boat
      I didn’t have any luck, but I heard others and saw people catch fish. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.