• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Saint Louis River and Bay for SM bass

Looking to hear about any stories about fishing the bay and St. Louis river for smallmouth bass. I have heard that the fishing is getting better with each passing year and WI DNR has done some stocking in the past. Is anyone going out there and fishing for SM or are they just being caught while walleye fishing. Thanks..

If they are catching em', they ain't going to tell ya wink.gif The St.Louis is a jewel in itself for smallies! You don't hear much about em' because the more people talking about it the more crowds you are dealing with.

I personally haven't fished it a lot to be a pro on smallies there. When I was working at the GM in town during college, I would have PLENTY of people come in and tell me about the fishery. Soooo I might know a few spots wink.gif I swore to secrecy about em.

Lots of nice smallies in the river. Not all that many guys targeting them and most that do fish our Monday night league. The upper river has a lot of smallie territory.