• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

will be first time on cass june 4th

going to be fishing on cass chain for the first time june 4th weekend. will be staying at oak have resort in the channel by andrusia. any comments or suggestions would be helpful. looking primarily for walleyes. i have maps for andrusia, wolf and cass.

Welcome to the forums!

Your best bet is to troll 60 inch lindy rigs or spinner rigs in the 15 to 20 foot depths on the break lines. Get out early and again in the evening. If this isn't working for you and the mayflies start hatching fishing later can be key. It is also a good idea to try trolling some crank baits after dark if the fly hatch begings then as it normally would.

Brian, you talked about break lines in your reply. This may sound stupid but what exactly are you saying. Are they points or ledges or what? Is there something on a map that is marked with a location that you are talking about.

A break line is where you have a relatively flat piece of structure that very sharply breaks down into the depths. Some pieces of structure will have more than one break and checking both is a good idea. Cass has several that shoot from 7 foot down to 60 foot of water very quickly. Hope this helps you out!

My first planned trip this year is also the June 4th weekend. I can vouch for Brian's knowledge of the lake, so I would pay close attention to his recommendations if I were you. Even better would be to hire him for one of the first days you are there, it could save you some time. I am anxiously awaiting word on the openner results (in my warm, dry house). It will be tough waiting that long to get up there, but other committments are in the way. A granddaughter's dance recital today,and a son's wedding on the 21st in Wi. kind of take precedence. Good luck to you and I know you'll enjoy Cass like we do!