• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Scientific Angler

Walleyeguy31

I am new to all of this fly fishing business, and quite frankly I am hooked on it already. I purchased a Scientific Angler combo at Joe Sporting goods in 6/7 size, 9 feet, with weight forward line, and a concept 58 reel. Does anyone have ANY experience with this setup or one that resembles it closely? confused.gif

I don't have that exact setup but I have a cortland 6\7. It was my first step into fly obsession about 5 yrs ago. Nice rod size for bass, steelhead. You can use it for trout also but it is a little heavy.

Don't worry though you'll buy others wink.gif

I am sure I will buy others! Got to get the line wet on the current first I would imagine!

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Noyo
      I have a Weboost cellular amplifier at Wakemup Bay. It increases the signal from 1 bar or less to 3-4 bars BUT there is more to the story than bars. For data (like streaming video) I get faster data speeds WITHOUT using my booster. The reason as I understand it is that cellular data transmits and receives on multiple channels simultaneously (its called Multi-In-Multi-Out or MIMO.) Most boosters only amplify a single channel at a time. While the phone shows a good signal from the booster it can actually reduce the data speeds that are available with MIMO transmissions. A booster can improve your voice communications while diminishing your data speeds. You might want to look at the Mobile Internet Resource Center on YouTube for a better explanation.
    • TrueNorth
      Where are the opener fish pictures?
    • TrueNorth
      All of us who couldn't be there for opener would love to hear how the fishing was....😉
    • BWpineisland
      48 by the trout lake portage today
    • Raven77
      57 in Black Bay and 44 in Niles Bay today.  The lake is changing by the day and the fishing reflects it.
    • Rick
    • Orlip
      I’m looking at this one. http://ECO-WORTHY 12 Volt 10 Watt Solar Car Battery Charger & Maintainer, Solar Panel Trickle Charger, Portable Power Backup Kit with Alligator Clip Adapter for Car, Boat, Automotive, Motorcycle, RV https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B017K6PH1S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_89MG41KD6KMD3J8YTXRX?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
    • Mtnman
      So sorry, wish I could boat over to help. I think we will wait an extra week to head north.  Prayers for a good resolution.  
    • Muskies
      Good morning Mtnman. Yes, the whole rainy lake watershed is under a flood warning. Water is as high as it was back in 2014. Forecast is that is should peak around May 20. All the ice went out last week with all the wind and rain we had. My dock didn’t make it though. Ice blew in and lift the whole thing, crib and all. Mother Nature…adds another project once the water is warm enough to work in. This week looks a little drier…I hope! Safe travels when you do head North.
    • Coleman
      The water was over 22 at the very south end of Mud and the overflow pond. I took that route to get to the cabin, I just moved the signs and drove through, saw a couple carp sunbathing on the warm road. 😂

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.