• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Can anyone recommend a good resort on Osakis? Also any bait stores around the lake. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Idlewilde Resort & Lodge and Linwood Resort & Campground for resorts and fishermans corner or the General Store for bait. The owners of these places are good folks. I am sure the other dozen resorts on the lake are fine I just do not know the owners. cool.gif

Head of the Lakes is decent to. They have bait and are only 10 miles from either town. Mike

I will second Idlewilde. Nice place with great owners. You will not be disapointed.

Latz

Thanks for the info all. Any suggestions for fishing the lake the week after opener?

Mr. Perch, where are all the resorts? Last time I drove around the lake it was down to about 5. the rest are all camper owned. It is truly a shame how the resorts are dying away. Mike

Mike

I guess you are right it was just 4 years ago when I moved here there were 16 resorts I was told. Now the chamber web site lists 8 or 9 resorts I do not know how up to date that is. It must be kind of hard on the town economy when when you have at least half the resorts going condo and folks up a few weekends instead of resorts full of folks every week with people spending money. I do love to fish the lake. Big Perch and I think I am one of the few that fishes them here.

Mr. Perch, it'sad how all changeded. But we go forward. Good luck this weekend!! Mike

My family stays at Idlewilde every year--nice resort.

Any thoughts on Buck Point?

I've stayed at buck point and thought it was a very nice place, very clean, and the dock fishing is great too boot!

Mike89

I hear KSAX TV will be at Head of the Lakes friday for the 5 and 6 O' clock news and Fishermans corner for the 10

Mr. Perch, interesting information. I just might have to walk over there and watch the big event!! Mike

I know of three bait shops - all in Osakis town. Two are by the town launch and one is a few blocks inland.

the main bait shops are the general store on the corner by the drug store and the bait shop on the main road across fron the cafe.