• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I will be fishing Lower Bottle Lake for the opener. Never been on the water so I was wondering if anyone can tell me how the lake is for walldogs? also we get there a day early so I was wondering if there is any good crappie fishing on the lake? Any info appreciated. Thanks

Fished the Bottle Lakes a few times with not much success. Had more luck fishing Big Sand. We did find some nice crappies on the lake between lower bottle and big sand. Good Luck !!!

The water level plays a big part in that. Too high a water and you can't get under the culverts and to low a water you can get over the sand bar into Big Sand. If you have a small boat, no problem. I was able to float my 1775 down there last year, but couldn't get it back up. Water level looks to be down again this year which would make it very difficult.

Keep me posted on how you do.

Good Luck grin.gif

Hey man -

My family has cabins on Lower Bottle -

Emma (Between Sand and Bottle) and Lower can be great for crappies - I would look around the shallow reeds or the weedlines in 7 to 9 feet of water this time of year with crappie minnows and 1/16 oz chartreuse jigs -

Emma has good eye fishing in front of the culvert that leads to Sand in the spring time and Lower has good fishing on the west side of the big sand bar on the north side out in front of Home Bay resort, as well as the big shallow area down in the south east corner in front of the totem pole.

Please report back results.

Good luck - Walleye fishing on Lower was brutal last year -

I have fished Upper Bottle in the spring for some time now. The lake is real clear, low light and deeper than you may think. I usually fish 16-20 feet unless it is dark. I cant wait for the next 6-8 weeks will be great. shocked.gif