• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I thought we could start a thread on the current access conditions in eveyones area. That way we know when the hip boots are needed! grin.gif

Shakopee was cleaned up on friday and was in great shape. River has dropped more than a foot since then...

Chaska is a mess as of today theres probably 15 to 20 feet of sludge to go through before you get to the water.

Anyone elso have an access report?

Dennis-

Thanks for the report. I was wondering if Shakopee had been cleaned out. I want to get back on the river, and with only a 2-aheel drive truck it is pretty hard to launch in that river goo. Can you even call that stuff mud?:-) I will be heading done there tomorrow so I will post how it is. I am looking forward to meeting you at the first league night. I think mnriverrat told you I was going to be a captain this year. Wish i would have been down last year but oh well I had a blast fishing the St.Louis river in Duluth for two years.

cedar is all cleaned up and the dock is in!!!

Minnecon park in New Ulm is full of mud, you can get through it as its only a few inches deep, but rubber boats would be good, or a small boat that can be loaded with out even getting the bunks in the water or a roller trailer and you would be fine. Riverside is mud free, but as always it is in bad shape and rather shallow.

Eckstein landing in New Ulm is also in working order, just some mud on the ramp and it is pretty shallow there to.

Belle Plaine is unusable for now. I'm sure it will be cleaned soon though. They're gonna put in a new bridge at Belle Plaine too so access will be an issue. Rumor has it that a new ramp will be constructed at Blakley where another new river bridge is nearing completion.

Dark, have you been down to blakely within the last year? We used to fish there when there was a deep hole on the north side of the bridge, but it filled in a few years ago. Just wondering if it is dug out now. I heard that on the south side of the bridge it is deep now, but haven't been down there in a few years.

Does anyone know how the water level and clarity is looking in the Shakopee to Chaska area?

Thanks

Willy, I remember that hole below the old bridge was pretty popular until it filled in. I do have a few spots near there that I like to fish. The new Blakeley bridge will change things around again....we'll just have to wait and see how it pans out. I like the idea of a boat launch there though!

Mr. special, I'm sure the clarity isn't too bad considering the way the river is coming down but I haven't looked recently (this new job is killing me!) I'll be getting some bait shortly and giving it a good hard shot for a big boy or two. grin.gif

They cleaned up Chaska today! Clean as a whistle! cool.gif

Carver Launch

Just wondering if it's clear to go upstream from the launch to Sand creek to Carver Rapids area? Last year I think it was clogged for most of the year.

Thanks

There was one truck and trailer at Carver on Sunday. River was navigable through the rail bridge. The south span is open and clear from the log jam that is always on the north side.

No worries at this point other than the occasional sand bar and midriver snags.

Later.

Black Dog is my new favorite river ramp - steep access and corrugated concrete. The current is potent, though.

Upriver half is dry and clear, downriver side is muddy and slick.

black dogg ramp?? do you mean cedar bridge access??

just got state park permit so i can learn the minn river

this season but not sure about black dogg ramp??

can i get more info,thanks

Hey prophet,

I think aquaman01 means the launch at the end of lyndale ave. Exit at 106th street go east to lyndale south to river. Very nice lots of parking.

There are 3 boat launches from 35w to the confluence I believe.

One at the end of Lyndale on the north side of the river.

One under the Cedar/hwy77 bridge on the south side of the river. Access off Black Dog road.

One in Fort Snelling State Park.

Enter the park off Post Road accross from the Airport.

Lower_MN_River_Launch_Sites.jpg

Shouldn't be any problem launching now....as long as you can drop your boat in the parking lot! Less than 5 feet from flood stage at Jordan this AM.zmisc0088.gif

She's up pretty high at New Ulm. With the rain stopping today, I wouldn't expect it to crest until the middle of next week. I would think that the Jordan gauge will be over 20 feet before she crests. Anybody else have a guess??

I'll guess 20.4 feet. Then we have to deal with all the mud at the ramps all over again. mad.gif

It's great when you just make a wide turn in the parking lot and the boat just floats off the trailer. I hope it stays high for a while. 4 years ago or so water was way up for a while after opener. That was a GREAT year.

Dan

No problem launching in Belle Plaine and you can still see the top of the ramp (so far). A couple of guys actually did but I don't think the main river is gonna produce any walleyes. The creeks are muddy too and that's where I will be looking when they decide to clear up. For tonight, its long jon time on a Willmar area lake instead.

Good luck everybody!

I launched at the Chaska landing today and it was perfect. I also saw the one west of their (forgot the name of the city) but it looked good too. I am going to try and fish the minnesota a little more this year so you guys might see my horrible pink blazer at the boat ramps this summer. I used to fish it a lot in New Ulm and did quite well. I just have been caught up in all this lake fishing and forgot to get to the rivers.

><>deadeye

The launch in Jordan is really high now, I was fishing down there yesterday with little luck. Cought a few trees, a few logs and almost got a bird. First time trying a bait caster was a lot of fun......