• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

weekend report

wheelierida

Went out all weekend, 3 of us in the boat. fri night caught 5 eyes biggest was 15" all released. saturday the weather was way too nice to catch anything during the day! at night we manged 10 kept 3 at 20" 20" and 21.5". we had a huge muskie up to the boat before biting off my buddies line. She then swam under the boat and imediatly stole my leach! we didn't stand a chance with our # 6 hooks and 8 pound line! Sun we only caught 1 tiny eye but brought home about 15-20 nice jumbo's. myr mar had a turney sat and sunday durang the day, they caught most of there fish in the early morning hours. Next time I go up i'm fishing all night and sleeping all day, unless the weather is terrible!

Why am I the only one that posts reports about this lake? I saw hundreds of boats out there and no one wants to let people know how the fishing is!! everyone one already knows mille lacs is a great lake! you won't cause a frenzy posting your results. It's nice seeing how other people did. So how did you do? We fished shallow rock the whole time.. has anyone tried the flats??

Fished out of Cove Sat Am, hit Sloppy Joes, Anderson reef and Spirit Island, nothing, zip, except if you count 2 crawfish. Jigged,rigged, bobbered the shallow rocks, pulled cranks.Thats why they call it fishing and not catching..but as Arnold would say.."I'll be back".

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Fished Friday night pulling cranks until 2 am on the SW side. Caught 1 21.5 walleye. We cover water from 2-14 ft. Had a few other hits but never got a hook into them. Are guys having more luck on the north end right now? Sure was slow on the SW side. Talked to several guys and nobody had any fish.

Borch

it was slow on the north too! I spent nearly every minute i was awake out on the water. we slip bobber fished the whole time except every once and a while i would pull up my bobber and toss the crank bait a couple times, no luck with that!. I think you are better off fishing a spot for no longer than a half hour and then moving. most of the walleyes we caught were just after we changed spots. if it wasn't for the perch pulling on my line I woulda packed up and went home.

you should have stayed out later. we got all but 2 of our walleyes beetween sunset and 11:30. I hang a lantern on each side of the pontoon. i pretty sure people thought we were a launch, we had boats following us around all night. saturday we stayed out untill 1:30 (we didn't want to end up at the bar again). caught our 21.5" about 1 AM. but the action really slowed at 11:00. The bottle bass were the esiest to catch!!!

You are right, more reports are needed. Here's my report, lame as it is-- Fished Friday from 5 pm-midnight. Threw a spinnerbait in Isle Bay, nothing. Then threw a crawdad Rapala on a couple nearby reefs, nothing. Top water, same reefs, nothing. Caught a couple smallies on a leech in the Doe Island area. Trolled various minnow baits, same area, nothing. I did notice a lot of minnows on up to 4 inch bait fish on the reefs, of course this convinced me the walleyes were around but not hitting.

I was up Saturday night for a few hours and hit IP. I noticed the water temps actually rose 2 degrees to around 67 from nights earlier, not good. I fished around the 5 launches that were stacked up on the point and didn't find any fish until I moved farther off the point. I managed 2 14-16" eyes and 2 smallies on a #5 jointed rap. Plus a handful of "bumps" and short strikes. It was flat calm most of the time I was out so I knew I was in for a tough bite. I caught all 4 fish in one small area that came up to 4 ft so the 4-7 foot rule applied for me as well. Better days ahead for sure.

[This message has been edited by Mykal (edited 09-13-2004).]

I was at Fishers Resort on Saturday. went out on a launch from 7 to 11 pm. fished Two Mile reef and a reef in Agate Bay. Slow is an Understatement but I did manage a 22 inch Walleye on a slip bobber and a leech in 17 fow. This is my largest walleye ever.

Went out of Cove Bay Sunday from 10am till 6pm fishing was really slow. Only picked up one walleye 14" that was out by sloppy's in 29 feet of water. Figured it was worth a try to go deeper. Not alot of boats out there. Must have been because of the Vikings Game. Saw a few boats and launches over by the graveyard. went to check it out and not much happening there either. Wind was blowing hard thought it would have been a better day.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Yeah, that's where we got what little action we had too(4-7 ft).

Borch

Fished on 9/11 out of Big Point. Fished for muskie near Isle for part of the afternoon. Had one small pike chase a spinner bait. Moved nothing else.
Fished for walleye off the buoys south of Big Point in 4.5 ft in the evening. Saw a muskie chase a fish/baitfish just past our bobbers. Threw a topwater at him, but couldn't get him to chase. Three minutes later caught a 21.5 inch walleye. Minute later caught and released a 19 inch smallie, super chunky fish! That was it. We fished just past sunset.