• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Rincon, steroids

crappieflop1212

buzzsaw keep up the good posts and the pictures and everything very funny stuff grin.gif

Thanks MNVikesfreak! I appreciate the positive feedback. I did get my hand slapped by admin for the sheeplove/smiley... too vulger.. I had to take them off the site. But in the next paragraph I was told "We love your posts" but the "pics crossed the line" I got caught up in the fun of belittling our two friends and went too far. blush.gifshocked.gif

Ohhh did we just sweep the Devil Rays at Tropicana Field??? HMMM, didn't they just sweep the Yankees prior to the series with the Twins?? Hmmmmmm

We need to replace Mulholland.... Morneau, Santana and Mauer are absolute STUDS!! grin.gif

Hey Buzz,

Back from solitary? Question: If you take the record of Tampa Bay and combine it with the Yankees, what do you get, about a .400 club at best. Congrats on your thumping, and I mean the Twinks not your personal thumping in the principals office (he he he) As for my beloved Pale Hose, another day, another sweep ho hum. Next victim.

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD...YES!

good luck vs baltimore I guess we will see how good they are against them

Windy,

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD....YES!! has to be one of the worst signature calls I have ever heard...I don't know who that announcer is, but every time I hear Sox highlights it drives me insane. He is way to emotional and when the Sox are losing he starts pouting and totally loses his professionalism. Nobody can touch the Dick Bremer/Bert Blyleven combo. All I gotta say is, this is TWINS TERRITORY!!!!

P.S. You better watch out for Torii coming around 3rd for another play at the plate, cause he is going to blast your catcher again just like last year and knock you guys out of postseason contention. The Sox may be hot right now...but it is tough to hit and catch with both hands around your neck come August.

Hey Griz,

That announcer is a former player, Ken Harrelson, he is fairly well known in most parts of the US, except up in Twinkie-town. And as for Torri-Girl, the man he will be bearing down on is your former wonderkid, AJ, who just might have a little "five-knuckle chuckle" waiting for Ms. Hunter. Of course you are assuming that the Twinks will actually have a scoring opportunity against my beloved Pale Hose which is very much in doubt the way the Sox are pitching. The next time the Sox get to "spank some more Twinkie Arse" is August, I believe, and by that time the Twinks may be in third place behind the Tigers or Indians and my beloved will be about 15 games ahead of them. The Sox will be making plans for the playoffs and the Twinks will be making reservations at "Joe Bob's" all night waffle house in Moose Jaw for the all you can eat perch dinner. Better tell the Twinks to visit Mr. Roid-con's magic juice bottle and "muscle up" for the rematch as the Sox lead the Twinks 5-1 so far this year.

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD....YES!

lol your logic cracks me up windy! soon you will be saying the bears will win the division too! keep your predictions comming they give all of us a good laugh

Windbag,

I know this is the wrong forum but you brought up your Bulls a few days back but then they fell apart and blew the series (2-0 lead at one point if I'm not mistaken). Will you abandon you Pale Hose in a couple of months also?

Wind-sock,

The reason AJ is catching for you scrubs is because the other dude (he was so good I can't even remember his name) was so shook up from that hit he's off in some institution drawing in his coloring book. As far as AJ goes, you can have him, nobody likes the guy and the best work he ever did for us was a HOM Furniture commercial where he jumps on a bed and says, "free cookies too!!" Besides, we have the the greatest catching prospect in the history of baseball now, and his counterpart Justin Morneau. Don't worry, you will be cursing both their names under your breath after you watch us celebrate our 4th straight Central Division Title while you are out fishing (sorry, I meant harvesting) our lakes knifing 7+ pound fish. My advice would be to celebrate your May Divisional Championship and get ready for another dissapointing Bears season, cause the Vikings are going to walk all over them too.

Quote:

That announcer is a former player, Ken Harrelson, he is fairly well known in most parts of the US, except up in Twinkie-town.

You are correct he is fairly well known, but I believe he is famous or infamous as a annoying homer.

Fishy,

It is quite obvious to even the most casual observer that you probably have never even listened to a game done by The Hawk, he is one of the most knowledgeable and critical people when it comes to bad baseball. He is probably the farthest (sic) from a homer in this town. His partner, DJ is more of a homer but the announcers in the past 20 years at Wrigley Field have been far and away more friendly to the home team. I will admit that I have not listened to Berty Boy in Twinkie-town, no desire to my man when you have THE HAWK in The Windy City!!! YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD...YES!

I will admit that I have not heard Hawk for awhile but I have heard him several times as I have spent a lot of time in Chicago. Most of my friends there are Cubs fans but there are a few of those White Sox fans. You may not agree with me but I have heard him often enough to make a decision. Being a homer is not bad as most local announcers are (Blyleven included) but we all have different ideas of who we enjoy listening to.

Fishy,

If you have heard what you say, then you have to agree that Hawk is not a homer. True, he wants the Sox to win, but what announcer doesn't. Hawk will point out when the Sox do something wrong or don't hustle or could have done something better. To me, Jack Brickhouse, Ron Santo, Chip Carey these are "homers". Except for Steve Stone (and look where that got him) the Cubbies announcers would not say "feces" if they had a mouthful! So is Bert a "homer"? Never heard him but maybe I will tune in while I am up at Cass Lake for my two weeks vacation this year.

Got to say it, it's my trademark...YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD...YES! Windy

Windy,

You wont hear Bert on the radio, but you will hear one of the worst anouncers in John Gordon. Can't stand that guy. But you will hear a LEGEND in Herb Carneal (think this is his last year) and a good color guy in Dan Gladden. You'll need to watch TV for Bert.

Gull, what is wrong with Gordo? I love his "HEY, TOUCH EM ALL" bit.

Thats about all I like with Gordo, but the rest of his stuff. He mispronounces names, he fakes plays when they come in late on spots, I can't stand his voice, on and on and on.

Maybe it's just because I grew up listening to Herb..lol

Yeah, he does make many mistakes.