• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I was doing some looking around on the new maps offered by google discussed here

map discussion

anyways, I've noticed quite a few small, I guess "oxbow" lakes that can be found up and down the river. Just wondering if anyone has ever tried to access these lakes to try to fish them? A good example would be Alswede lake near the Jordan access.

So what is the actual web site? i tried a google search for both that were mentioned and could not get anything. Thanks,Lynn

Most of these "lakes" and just backwater from the river, but alot of times they contain fish and lots of them that are unpressured. I've caught crappies and walleyes, a few northerns and even a few bass in backwaters of the Minnesota. As well as gar, carp, and your other rough fish. But you will find very few people who will tell you about their favorite backwaters, because once word is out, the fish will be gone also. I learned that the hard way.

So what im saying is that you will have to go out and find your own spot.

Looks like I need to do some exploring wink.gif

the google site is (maps dot google dot com).