• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Reworked Prop Question?

99ranger

Question

I got a reworked prop the other day that has issues and needs to be redone again or just pitched. It hits in the hub as it spins and also has not the lift of the same prop. Test ran four props today and this was horrible. Any suggestions on a good prop shop to re do the prop. Or what to do with it. It is a stainless.

3 answers to this question

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

A shop can fudge a bit with the pitch on larger props. Give them a detailed description on what the performance of the boat is and they should be able to work with you. You'll need to give them the RPMs at WOT and the recommended RPMs for the motor. Jay Soderbloom has done work for me. Quality work and is personable.

Hey there Ranger...

Something you may want to talk to your prop shop about is cupping the blades. I've run both a cupped and non-cupped prop and the difference was like night and day for me. IMHO, if you have the horsepower, cupped blades are the way to go.. Just an idea...