• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Who's going to Big Stone this weekend?

For all of you that can't wait for opener, you can go to Big Stone lake this weekend for the SD opener, it's not that far of a drive. You can use your MN license and fish with two lines. grin.gif

I leave tomorrow night for Big Stone. It will be my first time on the lake, but we are heading out will a bunch of guys that really know the lake well...should be fun. I will be in a white Lund Angler 1700 SS w/115 HP Yamaha propelling it. If you spot us swing by and say hello...

Take care!

I will have to think about getting over there, but my little boat won't be able to handle much wind on that big lake.

the st.roix river also opens this weekend. my grandson is going to take me out, hopefully we can get enough sand pike for a good meal.

I do believe we'll be there. Our plan is to head down Saturday morning and come home Sunday afternoon. We will be pulling my boat, a 1750 Crestliner FishHawk with an 80 Yammy Tiller on the back. Don't worry about the small boat. If the wind is screaming find some rocky shoreline, grab a lawn chair, and throw a slip bob or a slip rig out. Maybe we'll see you all on the water.

MJ

Yeah maybe ill have to try that. I am getting a bad urge to get out after something other than panfish. I also have relatives over in that area, so thatd be a good excuse to get over there.

Did anyone brave the weather and get out to Big Stone at all? If you did, how did you do?

we went,,,as did others,,, nobody caught anything ,,, it was horrible,,, Ill be there next year again,,,,,,,,,,,, confused.gif

Was there as well. Did the same as you did, LDB. Isn't it great? cool.gif

i was in south dakota as well. i fished fri and sat at roy lake. the high was 40 degrees. the wind blew 30 mph both days and it snowed both days. didnt catch much but the way i look at it a terrible day of fishing is better than any day at work.... grin.gif