• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Scott Co. lakes Info?

I'm moving to Shakopee in a couple of weeks. Any decent lakes in Scott Co fro Walleye or Bass?

well, you can try O'Dowd there are walleyes there, but few and far between (very nice average size though) of course the state record bass came out of O'Dowd and as the years have passed the fish has grown to about 20lbs . You can also try Cedar. I have heard of walleyes caught in Fish, although I've never caught any smirk.gif. Your best bet is probably the river wink.gif.

Quote:

the state record bass came out of O'Dowd

?????????????????????????????????

The State record Bass came out of Lake Tetonka 8lbs,12.5oz.

W-King

Try Prior Lake and O'dowd for Largemouth Bass. They are both good lakes, but don't bother with either of them on a weekend. Also, if you try O'dowd be very careful--you will lose a lower unit if you try flyin' around that lake before you are familiar with it.

Good Luck

Welcome to Shakopee; as for lakes, I like O'Dowd for bass. I recommend fishing it on the weekdays, as it is much less busier than weekends. Try pitchin' a tube or plastic craw, they seem to work extremely well from opener through the end of June. Good luck!

Quote:

Quote:

the state record bass came out of O'Dowd

?????????????????????????????????

The State record Bass came out of Lake Tetonka 8lbs,12.5oz.

well, this record went through the digestive track instead of hitting the scale wink.gif

Some hmung guy i think caught a big bass and ate it thinking it was a carp. Some people think it was over 10 pounds. The first time I was on odowd we went between the islands to the north going about 60 mph and I looked at the depth finder and it was at 20 feet then it went down to 4 all at once and kabooom. We hit bottom, and I was on the side without the shield so I flew and hit the trolling motor. The walleyes in odowd were dinks last year 4-6 inchers, prior has alot of nice fish in and spring would be another good one to try. The river is where you want to go for big fish.

Yeah I did hear that a Hmong guy caught one. Actually I heard a different story. I heard that the guy who caught it tried to register it at Gander MT. Somehow Gander denied him and he got pissed and ate the fish. I'm not sure what size it was, but I heard that they were able to fit two fists easily through its mouth.

Walleyeking, Welcome to shakopee. There are some good lakes around where you can get some good walleye and bass.

We just moved to shakopee last year so I had to find the lakes and the fish. Thanks to a couple locals I can go out and catch fish. I don't have a big boat or even a depth finder. Info from locals put me on fish. During ice fishing I caught a 17 1/4" crappie and lost one the same size 3 minutes later as I went to lip it. The following night I went back and caught a couple decent wallleyes (one of them being 4.5 lbs)

The one lake I like the most is very good for crappies also. We where out there 2 weeks ago and we had steady action for a good 3 hours, caught a lot of wallys and crappies.(not to mention the 20+ lb carp that I brought to the boat on 4lb line)

Going out there tonight and saturday for some crappie action.

These guys haven't told you about the best lake for walleyes & sunfish, that would be Spring. There are 2 bars on the lake that are pretty decent, but I have found that the walleye really relate to the weedline which usually ends at about 8ft deep. Try leech and slip bobber or trolling chartruese shad raps as tight to the weed edge as you can. good luck

Quote:

These guys haven't told you about the best lake for walleyes & sunfish, that would be Spring. There are 2 bars on the lake that are pretty decent, but I have found that the walleye really relate to the weedline which usually ends at about 8ft deep. Try leech and slip bobber or trolling chartruese shad raps as tight to the weed edge as you can. good luck

Does anyone know how the ramp is at Spring this year? I stopped fishing there last year when the road was all torn up, but even then there was a rumor that the DNR was going to do some much-needed work to the ramp as well...Did this get done? It was a tough one when I was their last...

CC

they have done nothing to the ramp as of now. they road going in is still under construction but you can get to the access. the upper parking lot is full of all the lake homeowners stuff due to the road issues. but the lower lot is open with its limited parking. the lanch itself it in normal spring fashion. used it the other day and it was not to bad but it not any better than years past.

ah, the famous O'Dowd largemouth. I've been hearing various spinoffs of that rumor for 2 to 3 years now, don't know when it started.

I have no doubt that 9 pounders and larger have been caught in Minnesota (which would take the state record), but the record ain't broke until it's certified...and if the guy really did eat a 10+ lb. largemouth, I pity his organs for the amount of Mercury and PCBs he ingested! smile.gifsmile.gif

Sigh...Thanks mtreno.

I was hoping against hope that they had done something to improve the access....

It's actually a laotian guy, bought a $1.99 spinner and caught the beast with it, the bass measured 27". I saved the newspaper clipping somewhere.