• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Where to launch to fish 4 mile??

Hey guys, Heading sturgeon fishing soon, I usually fish near clementson just because that's where we stayed in the past. Sounds like 4 mile bay is the place to be. Where do you launch to get to 4 mile? Do you need to go out of one of the resorts on wheelers point or is there a public access somewhere? Also, are there maps available of that area? I hear all this talk of pine island, 4 mile bay, etc., and have no idea what the layout of this area looks like. Thanks!

There is a public access right before you get to Wheeler's Pt on the right side of the road.

You mentioned maps.

Lakemaster has a very awesome paper map that shows this part of Lake of the Woods. They just completed the survey last year.

A couple of my friends are putting together a extremely detailed map of all the key structure on the Mn side of LOW. 11x17 color blowups with all our waypoints on it. Heavy duty laminate, ring binder etc, dive curves for all our favorite crankbaits... It's going to be wicked cool.

Combined with the chip, and a new color Globalmap the walleyes are going get some serious lips ripped this summer.

Priceless.

I have the papermap and the chip there are no secret spot anymore. Great detail.

BT