• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Johan Santana

mnwild

I never posted the 5 starters were better than Yo Han

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Commanche Jim

• buzzsaw

• Windy City Walleye Hunter

• PierBridge

• 1 month later...

Quote:

Okay, Cliff Claven, since you are johnny-pro-baseball historian........who was that highly recruited 1st baseman?

David McCarthy? I give up.

Santana is a natural born leader... I watched his performance against the Yankees last night and he was just dominating and surgical command of his pitches and I loved his field leadership and giving credit to his players for great plays. That play that Boone made going to his left on that out stetched knock down tells you he is trying, that was a great play and saved a sure single. From what I saw from the Twins defensively they are a joy to watch and to me pitching and defense are the most important things. Shannon Stewart had a great game last night.

My Cardinals on the other hand had a tough time getting anything going against Peavy he was just flat out nasty I think he finished with 11 K's and Marquis pitched well and needed 131 pitches to get through a complete game in a tough luck 2-1 loss to the Padres. Marquis pitched like a number 1 starter instead of a 5th starter just tough for the Cards to get anything going against the National League strikeout leader. Hopefully the bats will come alive with Carpenter toting the rubber today and we can take 2 out of 3 and Carp can get win number 15. J-Rod got another hit last night only 1 of 3 Cardinals to get a hit against Peavy.