• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Johan Santana

mnwild

windy looks like the most overated pitcher in baseball judy garland lost tonight wow he is human! LOL shocked.gif

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Commanche Jim

• buzzsaw

• Windy City Walleye Hunter

• PierBridge

Yeah Freak,

But wasn't he really dominating through the first inning? Oh, my mistake, the game goes nine innings. Didn't lose any ground to your Twinks as the Tribe schooled you 2-1. Buehrle just pitched a 9 inning gem tonight 1 run in 9 innings as my beloved Pale Hose prevail against Bartolo Colon and another first place team. You guys didn't fair so well against Mr. Colon did you? Even with your "stud" the Cy Young award winning Johan Santana, the best pitcher to have ever taken the mound. Twinks gain zero ground on the Sox, once again.

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD...YES!

garland who? I see a slump in the near future wink.gif

• 3 weeks later...

ERA

Contreras 3.13

Buehrle 3.15

Garland 3.23

Santana 3.31

Wow......if Santana is that awesome, what does that make the other 3 guys I listed?

makes them not not much better than garland and thats not saying much none of them can dominate a game like santana can checkout the strikeout/walk ratio stat on santana 5 1/2 game lead with 4 months to go im not worried

Quote:

ERA

Contreras 3.13

Buehrle 3.15

Garland 3.23

Santana 3.31

Wow......if Santana is that awesome, what does that make the other 3 guys I listed?

Flashes in the pan, at this point.

if the Sox were 5 1/2 games back right now, I would be very worried.

Sox are up by 11 1/2 games in the wild card race, but I still worry because I would desperately like to see a world series in this town.

You should worry, since they collapsed every year for the last 3.

One more tidbit for the Wild commanche, the Twins team ERA is the best in the league!! notice I mentioned TEAM ERA.... Keep building up that false confidence in your team by beating the worst team in baseball (Colorado) the lead will begin to shrink and sooooooon. grin.gif

Fishguy.......remember when, uh, in 93, and uh, in 94, uh, when the Sox were awesome, and, uh, in the 90's, uh the Sox had the best record in the 90's, uh, other than the Braves, and uh.......

Keep living in the past.

This is 2005, and we have reason to be excited. What happened last year, or for the past 3 years, is history. If the Twins had won the world series, or a pennant for that matter, then your smack talk would have some meaning.

And here's a tidbit, buzzkill.........the sox have played one more game than the twins. Unless they pitch a shutout, sox will have a better era.

Sox have more stolen bases.......ha ha.

Sox have more strike outs per nine innings......ha ha

Sox have a lower batting average against.......ha ha.

the list goes on and on.

At the end of the day, what counts are W's. And as of today, we lead that most important category.

Another thing. The Sox have played 30 games against teams that are above .500. 19-11

Twins have played 22 games against teams that are above .500. 10-12

If we only had it so lucky to be playing teams like Colorado all the time like the twins.

Hey Buzz,

What team is in second for team ERA, just a "pie hair" as you say, behind your beloved Twinks. It is the same team who happens to be the only team is major leagues with a winning record while scoring less than 4 runs a game. And what does that low era get the Twinks? Only 4.5 games behind the best team in baseball, The White Sox.

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD...YES.

Quote:

And here's a tidbit, buzzkill.........the sox have played one more game than the twins. Unless they pitch a shutout, sox will have a better era.

Your brain is the only thing pitching a shutout.

Are all Chicago sports fans this stupid not even Windy is that dumb.

Must be some new math you MORON....LOL..

E.R.A is the Average per game of Earned Runs allowed.

And has nothing to with how many games the teams have played.

The Twins could give up 30 runs today and still have a better ERA then the Sox.

The Twins could allow 4 Earned runs Today and still have a better ERA if the Sox were not playing today.

Yeah the Sox were real good in the 90's 1 Division title in 10 YEARS and they lost in the first round. grin.gif

Must be some new math you MORON....LOL..

E.R.A is the Average per game of Earned Runs allowed.

And has nothing to with how many games the teams have played.

The Twins could give up 30 runs today and still have a better ERA then the Sox.

The Twins could allow 4 Earned runs Today and still have a better ERA if the Sox were not playing today.

Pierbridge,

I hope you are kidding about those #'s.

Going into today's games, if the Twins had given up 30 runs, their team era would go up to 3.85. If they had given up 4 runs, their team era would go up to 3.43.

Both of those era's are higher than the Sox era going into today's game.

Who's the MORON? LOL! This is the old school math. When you figure out how to calculate a team's era, let us all know.

Maybe im totally blind, i dont know, but the team ERA's for the 2 teams are the twins 3.39 and the sux 3.46. I may be really reaching here, but i think that 3.39 is better than 3.46. Correct me if my basic math is wrong commanche or if my baseball knowledge is wrong. Maybe in Chicago a 3.46 ERA is better than 3.39, thats a possibility too i guess.

Quote:

Who's the MORON? LOL! This is the old school math. When you figure out how to calculate a team's era, let us all know.

Okay... grin.gif

Thanks for proving my point.

I knew you would bite on the 30 run bait, actually the Twins could have given up 500 runs Sunday and still had a lower team ERA then the Sox if the runs were UN-EARNED.

That’s your problem you do not understand the difference between a teams EARNED Runs "ERA" and UN EARNED RUNS + EARNED RUNS which is a Teams Total runs, UNEARNED RUNS do not count as EARNED RUNS nor are they used to calculate Team ERA.

So that was your problem from the start you saw the total runs EARNED and UN EARNED of 227 for the Twins and 226 for the SOX and thought incorrectly that was how you determine Team ERA. Don't feel bad a lot of people don't understand it either.

So going into Sundays games the SOX in 61 games have given up 210 EARNED RUNS creating an ERA of 3.44262.

So going into Sundays games the Twins in 60 games have given up 205 EARNED RUNS creating an ERA of 3.38.

So the Twins after giving up 4 EARNED RUNS Sunday, that would mean in 61 games giving up 209 EARNED RUNS one less EARNED RUN then the Sox in the same amount of games 61 resulting in an ERA of 3.426 for the TWINS still lower then the Sox’s ERA of 3.44262 entering Sundays game.

I hope this clears thing’s up for ya… grin.gif

Nice picture of Commanche! Hope he doesn't mind wet poop on his noggin. grin.gif

okay, ay. I'm kinda funny loukin. Oh, what the heck do ya mean?

Walleye, read my post again. If the Twins gave up those amount of runs yesterday, AND THE WHITE SOX WERE IDLE, giving them the same amount of games played, the Sox era would be lower. Sorry, my math was off by 1 run, Yes? That was my point. 30 runs would effect it. Little slow up there, is ya?

The top half of my post was copied from buzzkill's previous post.

Fargo was a great movie. Great portrayals.

I dont give a crap about the possibility of 30 runs getting scored on the twins yesterday. You said if only 4 runs were scored on the twins yesterday that would push their ERA too 3.43 and that would be higher than the sux, and your wrong. That would still be lower than the white sox. 3.43 is lower than 3.46.

Oh and by the way the twins did have 4 runs scored on them and their ERA stayed at 3.39, so you didnt even have that right.

And i've been meaning too ask, when you guys catch "walleyes" down there in IL, they dont have yellow bellys and whiskers do they? And you dont need a pliers and screwdriver too clean them right? Just checking, you never know.

Does it really matter? I mean Contreras is taking a huge dump right now for your heroes... 8 earned runs through five innings!! Blah ha ha !!!

That would be four homeruns by the way!! I see Contreras is back to form. grin.gif

Okay, dare, aye....... but I must have yoused da wrong nomburs. jost respounding to pierbreeges poast.

I've always been accused of not using the most accurate of #'s. While it is true, I was off by one run (01.09% off of their yearly run total), I was not far off on my analysis, pierboot. To say that the twins would have a better era even if they gave up 30 runs just goes to show you don't know WHA DA HECK you're talking about.

Contreras sux, Thomas sux, hermanson sux.........

The whole team sucks!

THAT'S WHY WE HAVE THE BEST RECORD IN THE LEAGUE AND LEAD THE TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is Contreras part of that 5 man rotation that is all better than Santana?

and James Walleye, I know my walleye, and yes, we can catchem down here.......right down the street infact. The IL DNR tagged one around 10 pounds at Tampier Lake, just down the street from me.

But I don't waste my time on da walleyes anymore. The 31"er I released satisfied my need for the eye.....

Just a muskie guy now. Next trip I'll be lookin for my 5th fish over 48". Just hope the new Ranger 621 can handle the big waves on Mille Lacs next month.

na, nobody's better than santana. He's the best pitcher of all time. Sox should trade all 5 starters for him. But the Twins are too smart and would get screwed on a deal like that.

But if I put santana against da coach in a pitchers duel, I'd have to choose.....Dit Ka!

[quote. To say that the twins would have a better era even if they gave up 30 runs just goes to show you don't know WHA DA HECK you're talking about.

My moniker is PierBridge not pierboot or pierbreeges grin.gif You now have a new moniker.

Actually, bridgepost, I didn' really read your post about UN-EARNED runs vs. EARNED runs. I didn't know you were the Riddler.

Awesome, that should be your new name, the Riddler. He was from Min A soda.

Oh, I get it.....................ERA stands for EARNED RUN AVERAGE, not RUN AVERAGE. I never new what the E stood for. Thanks for clearing that up!

In all fairness, Riddler, maybe I should let you know what my background in baseball is. I wouldn't want you to think that I'm really a moronic (Contact US Regarding This Word) when it comes to our national past time. I do, infact, have a previous career in baseball....at the high school level and in college----Division 1 level. I've played with many a players who had decent years in the pros, with one previous teammate currently pitching for the Texas Rangers. I became friends with an ex-1st baseman on your beloved Twinkies.

Okay, Cliff Claven, since you are johnny-pro-baseball historian........who was that highly recruited 1st baseman?

Quote:

Actually, bridgepost,

Now that I can live with ...Bridgepost.. grin.gif

You are/were definatly a better baseball player then I was, I think it's safe to say you were not a pitcher though...?...LOL

Okay so your not that old if your friend is still pitching in the majors and your friend and the highly recruited "for college I assume?" ex Twin went to college that means Hrbek is a little old and did not go to college anyway....HMMM....was it you or Windy that called Killebrew fat? Don't mess with the Killer.. grin.gif.

So was he an Olympian?

Is he currently hitting less then his body weight of 210.?

Okay I am going with Doug Mientkiewicz.... grin.gifgrin.gif

Hey Commanche you were the one who posted that all 5 white sox starters have been better than Santana this year, im not the one who wrote that.

Pierbread,

Dougy is not correct. I'll give you a hint. It's a midwestern team.