• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ahman Arrested

MJR

From the Star and Trib:

I thought Packers didn't do this sort of thing?????

Green Bay Packers running back Ahman Green was arrested after a domestic violence incident, the Brown County sheriff's department said Tuesday.

Sheriff's deputies went to his Ledgeview, Wis., residence after a 911 call ended with a hangup, the department said.

The Pro Bowl player was arrested at about 10:10 p.m. Monday after officers believed a domestic violence incident happened, the department said.

Green was taken to the Brown County jail but he posted bond and was released at about 11:50 p.m. A hearing was scheduled for May 11 on a disorderly conduct citation.

Packers General Manager Ted Thompson released a statement saying the organization was trying to get more information on the situation.

The team wouldn't make further comments because it was a legal matter, he said.

A message left for Green's agent, David Dunn, wasn't immediately returned.

Green has been with the Packers since 2000 and has been selected to the Pro Bowl the past four years.

He is second on the team's all-time rushing list.

• Green Bay wide receiver Javon Walker will hold out of the Packers' minicamp, which begins today, according to several reports. Walker, who switched to agent Drew Rosenhaus this offseason, is reportedly unhappy with his contract.

What's it with these guys named Green? Browns fan here... and William Grenn had a history of domestic stuff too. Browns also have a hold out as well Reuben Droughns the RB we picked up from the Bronco's left camp and is holding out for a new deal. It's pretty sad he has even carried the ball once as a Brown. Yeah he got 1200 yards last season but that's par for any running back under the Bronco's system. I don't know about Walker as far as how valuable he is to the Pack but were fine with Suggs and Green hauling the mail for Cleveland. Look what TO started...

It's only a matter of time before some cheesehead comes on here and starts listing Vikings players of ill-repute...lol.

Let's see if we can name them first and steal their thunder!!

LOL

How about that Kelly Campbell guy?

Or Kenny Mixon and his multiple DWI's?

Or Moss and his driving over a traffic cop?

or, or, or.....

Funny, most of our lawbreakers/troublemakers have been released, traded or soon to be gonzo....Moss, Mixon, Campbell....

Quote:

From the Star and Trib:

I thought Packers didn't do this sort of thing?????

They do...it happens on every team, it is just that some (I said "some")of their fans have a hard time realizing that their players are no different than any other teams players. They are human, make mistakes and have their issues like the rest of the world.

When it rains it pours....From Fox Sports:

Wed Apr 27 2005 - Packers cornerback Al Harris is under investigation in connection with a sexual assault case in Miami. The alleged incident occured April 17th at a Pomano Beach stip club, The Cheetah Pompano.

Milli must have been missing Vanilli and decided to hit on a filly....

oh, man that was bad...LOL grin.gif

Too bad Packer fans. NOT!!! Enjoy the cellar because that's where you'll be this year in the NFC North. Even your boy Brett ain't going to pull you out of this one.

Gullguide,

The difference between the Vikes thugs and Packer thugs is that we've released Mixon and traded Moss!! (campbells next) What will they do with there thug dopes??!! Name a street after them is my best guess and place it right next to Chmura lane!

I am not looking to start a typical Vikes vs. Pack debate that often happens here but I am wondering where all the Packer Backers are. If any of you remember this thread about Culpepper's truck being driven by a different person while Daunte was 4000 miles away and the driver being busted for pot. The Packer boys were all over this one. Where are they now to speak about the goings on? And they wonder where we get these ideas about double standards and the nerve to call us bandwagon or irrational.

I am not meaning to start an irrational rip session as that does nothing but would like to hear about the thinking behind it all. They all can't be on vacation. Is it a predatory thing about smelling blood and vuneralbility? Bandwagon thing and things are not going well this off season. Just curious to hear from anyone with a constructive opinion.

I've been here. Not sure where the rest of them are. And actually I don't think I chimed in on either the Culpepper or Moss incident. I did read an article on the Green incident this morning. From what I saw there was no physical abuse, but a high octane shouting match. Still doesn't make it right on either end.

Not to change the subject, but they were just talking on PA & DuBay about a TE for the Bears who lives in Ohio, in which 3 of his dogs attacked and killed an 82 year old neighbor while out watering some plants.

I'd be willing to bet the Packers will still finish ahead of the Bears this season.

DTE,

No questions about your consistency here. I was only looking for a little insight and I guess a little of me also was hoping to make a point.

Sad story about the dogs attacking the neighbor. That shouldn't happen.

Fishguy sure raises a good question. Looking at that old thread makes me wonder what muskybuck and barebackjack would have to contribute to this thread.

Also, I agree Down to earth, the Bears will be dead last again.

Fishyguy, GREAT POST!!! It's amazing how they disappear (with the exception of DTE) DTE is a level headed guy in my opinion. I believe those other cats are waiting in the shadows for a Viking player to mess up or for them to not have a great draft... oh wait it was among the best drafts any team had (say the so called experts) so once again they can't come out and play because they would have to offer up compliments or try and be negative and get throttled by people with more common sense.... OK, that was a rant! Can't wait til next year!!! I may have to make another trip to Lambeau wearing my purple attire! That should be fun!

WOW, the threat of being tazered I just heard!! It sounds like Ahman scared the dickens out of Heather! Classy guy puching the bed and pillows!

spitting in her face, backing her up against the wall!! he calls her an "exagerater" and then told deputys he's a football player!! then refused to put his arms behind his back!! (tough guy) she fled the house in her pajamas for fear for her safety and is now more nervous because he has been arrested!!!

I'm sure there is some perfectly good reason (help me out Packer fans) for why he acted out like this??? Maybe she was wearing purple panties w/Viking logo... grin.gif

In all seriousness, this is NOT cool!

This was pulled out of a story off the Packers website. Seems to me this isn't a one time deal for Green.

"Green’s arrest was his third for domestic violence since he entered the NFL in 1999 and stems from an incident Monday night in which he argued with his wife, Heather, then hung up the phone just after she’d dialed 911.

Green, who has been to the last four Pro Bowls and is a key piece in the Packers’ offense, is free on $150 bail and took part in all drills Wednesday. The Brown County district attorney will determine in the next few days whether to file charges.

Green didn’t take any questions regarding his arrest but made a statement to reporters that expressed his desire to keep the matter private.

“I’ve been through this, unfortunately, before,” he said. “I’m a man, a grown man. I know I can handle this.”"

The thing that blows my mind in this is Green's last quote, " I can handle this" Well this is his 3RD OFFENSE, obviously he can't handle it. I think some kind of anger management or counselling is due.

The SB card won't be played here because those guys who rely on that are not participating.

Here you go Gull Guide, happy?

At least the Packers have won a Super Bowl. I'll even add another in that Brett Favre is the greatest QB, no make that greatest player ever to have played in the NFL. laugh.gif

All I know is that Brett looked great at Lambeau last January! I hope he plays another 10 years.

See Down to Earth has a good sense of humor as well! I guess Ahman won't be hiring Johnny Cocharan..... blush.gif

Quote:

Gullguide,

The difference between the Vikes thugs and Packer thugs is that we've released Mixon and traded Moss!! (campbells next) What will they do with there thug dopes??!! Name a street after them is my best guess and place it right next to Chmura lane!

Yeah, good call on that one!! How long did they hold onto them players after their offenses?????????

Quote:

Fishyguy, GREAT POST!!! It's amazing how they disappear (with the exception of DTE) DTE is a level headed guy in my opinion. I believe those other cats are waiting in the shadows for a Viking player to mess up or for them to not have a great draft... oh wait it was among the best drafts any team had (say the so called experts) so once again they can't come out and play because they would have to offer up compliments or try and be negative and get throttled by people with more common sense.... OK, that was a rant! Can't wait til next year!!! I may have to make another trip to Lambeau wearing my purple attire! That should be fun!

I have never offered out any compliments???? Maybe you should go back to read my posts, or, keep spouting like usual. smile.gif

looks like anymore of the packers get arrested they will have to have all home games cause they wont be able to leave the state. LOL

A disgusting act! Where is Joe Buck and the FOX Network when you need them to be our moral compass? They get up in arms over a receiver mooning fans that have mooned him repeatedly, and a star from Green Bay commits a truly disgusting act and beats his wife. Where is the press release from Buck now?

Better yet, how great would it have been if that bottom-feeder network had the old Cops cameras there?

From the Action 2 News in Green Bay:

"The Brown County Sheriff's Department says emergency responders received a 911 call at 10:11 Monday night but the caller hung up. Officers investigate hang-up calls.

Deputies went to an address in Ledgeview and determined there had been domestic violence. Green was arrested...."

There won't be a national news frenzy on this. Why? Is it too common, and the moon was that special? If that's something we just shrug our shoulders at...

Let's see how the coverage plays out.

A few more random thoughts......

Maybe he pulled a "Najeh" and his wife caught him!

Then domestic violence ensued!

or maybe the incident will go by completely unnoticed, just like when Favre ran off the field early.

Ahman Green beat his wife, huh?

But, but, but. . .RANDY MOSS PRETENDED TO PULL HIS PANTS DOWN! He's evil!!

Between this, the impending Javon Walker holdout, a crapper of a draft. . .man, watching the Packers fall apart is absolutely friggin' great!

okay I'm done for now, apologies to DTE!

Oh I looked uop some of your brilliant posts BAREBACKJACK" and heres a good one from last year:

Quote:

It doesnt matter if we have a shot (packers) cause we know that all of our friends that came over to watch the first game they lost, will surely be there for the last game they lose. No wagons in Lambeau, just one h##l of a fast moving locomotive!!! WOW!! and I wasnt even drinking when I thought of that

I must correct you and your broken crystal ball... WE (Vikings) beat your arses sooo badly at Lambeau in the playoffs it wasn't even funny! Remember all the Favre Interceptions? I do!!!

I'll keep searching for your compliments towards the Vikings organization.... my advice, call Ottoman, you could use his help. grin.gifblush.gif