• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

"Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see what is shared. Just 99 cents to join. Click here please.

Because you want others to share great outdoor information with you!!!! Share what you 'love about your area'.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
8-Ball

Twins "O"

8-Ball

What is with these guys? They stand at the plate when the opposing pitcher is throwing first-pitch meat and they leave their bat on their shoulder. Then a pitch is low and away, or high and tight, and they go after it, which puts them in a 0-2 hole. Most notably I am talking about Rivas and Cudduyer, but Hunter did it tonight w/ guys on 1st and third in the 8th. So he had to swing and protect a 1-2 count, and struck out. Is Ullger doing his job? Can we sit Cuddy and Rivas for a few games, maybe send a message and bring in someone who looks like they want to be here? I think mgm't made a mistake by sending Tiffee down. Punto or Castro could and should play at 2nd right now. I don't know who they would put at third. I suppose Castro? Lets shake things up a little! Guys are looking like the lost their puppy dogs-in the field and at the plate... Wake up! 8-Ball.

Willy

First I would say we should wait a little bit before we make a real evaluation of their offense, but as of right now you're right. The twins offense looks just like the offense they've had the past few years. Not saying that's totally bad, but with all the talk about how our lineup is supposed to be more potent this year, it sure seems like the same old thing. I think it's still too early to tell because Morneau just got back and some guys are just getting in their grove. Jones has been hot though. I think just give it a little time and you will see an improvement. The twins usually start off the year fairly slow.

WIN TWINS grin.gif

bigbucks

Look at all the guys we've got in the lineup that are playing as everyday big leaguers for the first full season. Cuddyer, Mauer, Bartlett, & Mourneau. 4 out or our 9 regulars are practically rookies. Cuddyer's the only one that's been really stinking, but that will probably change. The other guys will likely have their slumps as well. Rivas never really has proven he can hit on a consistent basis.

mnwild

being 4-28 with bases loaded this year isnt a good stat to have. Give it time and they will come around. The guy that has to get his stuff together is Radke, guy throws a HR ball every 1st inning he pitches.

bigbucks

I think statistically it's only like a "mere" 80% of first innings that he gives up one or more dingers...

juggs

The Twins' offense leaves a lot to be desired if you ask me. They are terrible situation hitters, especially moving runners along and getting runs in from scoring position with less than two out. The past three years they got away with it because the rest of the division has been so crummy. This year looks to be a different story with the Sox being much improved. Just look at how the Twins have struggled with the Royals, Indians and Tigers--lots of wins but tight games. They won't win the division unless they become more disciplined at the plate. Their offense isn't strong enough to compensate for stranded runners. Defense needs work, too. Especially at the infield corners.

koWALLEYEski

Radke has been known for giving up runs in the first inning. We have been dealing with that for a long time now. Not worried about him tho. He always comes through most of the time i guess

Shorelunch

I think Mr. "Called Third Strike Looking" Rich Becker is our pseudo batting instructor right now . . .

Power, ha, who needs power . . . Jim Thome, don't need him . . . Ordonez, don't need hime . . .

8-Ball

I forgot about good ol' Becker. Did he ever lift the bat off his shoulder? Him and Lohse should open up their own baseball camp!

bigbucks

He must have a couple of times. I saw him hit a few homers, a couple of them were pretty long actually.