• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I'm going to visiting some friends in July for a week in the Ely area and I love to fish ski's. I fish the heck out of the Alexandria area. I have never been on Vermilion, and I have heard so much about it. I know it is smart for me to hire a guide for a half a day or even a day so that I'm not wasting my time out there. Can some of you local guides send me a link to your sites? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

You'll find a list of guides including the guides you talk to here at lakevermilion dot com.

All the regular contributers have contact info in their signatures. grin.gif and on the guide finder page of FM.com

"Ace" cool.gif

Hey Terry.

Homer J. & Barney Toonder say hi.

They is laying under my boat.

Been airbrushing a bunch O lures and making them chewable again as they monitor my progress and listen to the music with me.

cool.gif

Every time I go to my truck for anything they jump in the back, watch me with great excitment and are hoping that this is THE DAY we put her in the water again.

laugh.gif

One of the highlights of my spring to see them do this.

They got it as bad as I do.

We need a Mallard Island fix.

smile.gif

Oh, I like lakevermilondotcom also.

Eagle eye rocks.

grin.gif

054897.jpg

Hey Tommy,

I'm looking forward to hanging with Homer J again on the Island. Seems like forever since you guys went back to the grind. The weather really sucks today but hey, at least the ice is gone. grin.gif

We need to get together for a few walleyes before the muskie season starts, perhaps some smallmouth as well. It figures it would rain and snow just after I put everything back on the boat. smirk.gif

Call me before you come up, hopefully we can hook up for some walleyes over the fire on the opener.

That is if the weather isn't to cold at 2:00am.

smirk.gif

"Ace" cool.gif

hey tom...you must be itching to get up here...are you guiding in the gov. opener?...if you are....see you then....rod bending soon!!!!

Here's a trivia question: Name the musky guide who was fishing walleyes under cover at the mouth of Everett Bay last fall? LOL

WHO ME! blush.gif

I believe I whopped some Walleye butt too.

smile.gif

We ate good that night eh Capt.

tongue.gif

To fun.

Gary had some BIG smile on his face during the BUST!

grin.gif

It all good.

T.

We'll have to get Gary a badge!

Gary the Guide....Walleye Police!

I can see it now Gary screaming up to the boat...."Muskytom, pull over, keep your hands where I can see them, and slowly back away from the night crawlers!"

Only one bullet in the gun though, ala Barney Fife!

Tom, maybe Barney and Homer J will keep Gary at bay while you make a run for it!

Hey FOX

That is funny as all ooutdoors.

grin.gif

Was all around town I was fishing for WALLEYES in the wind and rain like a nut.

Then went with the Capt. one day and Bonnie came along one time also.

laugh.gif

Gary seen us one time in "THE HOLE" and the look on his face was pricless.

LOL X 100 smile.gif

Had that boat in reverse faster than if he seen a 12 point Buck on opening moring in November. cool.gif

Way funny he even noticed me as I was not in my rig but the Capt's Tuffy and I had all kinds of Wind / Rain gear on and a goofy hat.

RATS!

It must have been the hat.

But then everyone knows I hardly ever wear rain gear and that you can't hide super good looks under anything that simple. wink.gif

I love my Muskys, but got to have some fun doing other things also.

Walleyes, panfish, pikes, perch and BASS are still really fun for me.

Anytime I aint working I'm on the dock with them Maraders fishing for something, anything hungry!

Just to fuuny about the Walleye Police Fox.

I got to get Gary a Badge.

shocked.gif

I'm good at making stuff up for fun things like that!

I love it.

Good people, good stuff.

Homer J. and Barney been known to hold boats at bay more than a few times over to the Island.

Round and round they go.

No way you can go unless them Maraders say so.

Terry knows the secret to escape.

ooo.gif

They are always on duty and like any good cop, can be bought with TREATS.

laugh.gif

T.

Tom I can just see Gary dragging you into the newly built Walleye Courts building near Oak Narrows so none of the walleye cops have to boat it very far! Just like TV, you've got your hands up over your face trying hard to hide the shame shocked.gif

Gary grinning like a teenager who just climbed up from his first "backseat date" while he gives you a "walleye" breathalyzer test blush.gif Tom, you just blew six filets...gonna have to run you in!!

All you durned musky guides runnin' and gunnin' around the lake mad.gif Gary says, listening to that devil's rock and roll music crazy.gif, bad enough your muskies eat the walleyes mad.gif no way we're gonna let you musky guides eat any tongue.gif

Then there's the sound of the 225 Merc as Homer J and Barney and Barney scream in to rescue you cool.gif ZZ Top blastin on the stereo, Deguello, no quarter, the Mallard Island Marauders to the rescue! cool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

You really do need to set old Gary up with the badge Tom, cool idea smirk.gif

Gary....we're just funnin' with ya! You know I think you're too cool yourself cool.gif

Too funny! laugh.gif

This would make for a great Cops episode on Fox. Now I got that Bad Boys tune stuck in my head.

grin.gif