• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

It seems easy to catch numbers this time of year but if you were going for size, which lake would you choose?

I've had good luck in the channels on west and by the park but have yet to see any fish over 9.5". I know this latest cold snap hasn't helped the fishing but I'm looking for a longer term opion. I've only fished these lakes for a few years but it seems like most prefer to target the panfish on West. Is this more of a numbers thing or size?

North End of West and South end of East - Has anyone ever caught springtime crappies in these shallow bays? Dependin on the wind one of them usually holds the warmest water in the main basins but I have never caught any in these locations. Seems like there are to many off shoots holding even warmer water but you'd think they'd hold in these areas at some point???

For size - is the average better on the weed edges of flats when the fish are holding shallow? This seems like an obvious question but usually on these lakes the edges can be some distance from where the fish are congregated.

Any info on these lakes would be great! I have a crappie event this weekend and will be up several more time this week. josephkranz(at)yahoo.com

Thanks!

I would start searching any of the emerging Curly leaf pond weed beds. The fish have been thick in the edges of the weeds.

Cory Frantzick

LB;

I have had my best luck for size in the channels on the East lake, Northeast end.

I haven't been there yet this year, so it's not a "there in" report! LOL

Thanks for the help. I do like the channels on east but don't know if there will be enough sun to get them in by the weekend.