• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Stadium Deal...thoughts?

Jarrod32

well youd classify fishing as an activity, and baseball as a spectator sport...would u not?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pikehunter

• Eric Wettschreck

• GullGuide

• fishyguy

Quote:

well youd classify fishing as an activity, and baseball as a spectator sport...would u not?

Yes, but either way you are dealing with the elements of sun, wind, rain, etc.... I guess my point was a little tongue in cheek but I will assume what you are saying is you will deal with the elements when the activity is worth it but the spectator sport is not worth it to you. If my assumption is incorrect I apologize but then I would not understand the difference you are making.

To eliminate further confusion, the point im trying to make is that ...to ME, indoor baseball is great because the elements do not distract me from following or ENJOYING the game as close as possible. Indoor baseball is great cause I can bring the wife and kid and not have them whining and complaining about the elements the whole time.

Sled,

Understood, now that you have expanded to include more detail...but we will agree to disagree. I do think a retractable roof is ideal but new stadium without the roof would be my next priority. The elements can be part of baseball, football, golf and any other outdoor sport and been tolerated by millions of fans for years. My opinion only and was not trying stifle yours but did not understand your point until you expanded.

If you are driving 4 hours to a game, for god's sakes don't plan on going when the windchill has a chance to be in the 20's like you are complaining about.

Go in July or August, don't plan your trip in April or May. Pretty easy huh?

Right & we never get thunderstorms in July & August. You reserve a weekend, or part of a weekend, make motel reservations, whatever & then Thursday night the weatherman says it's going to rain all weekend you're still stuck.

C'mon. So what you're saying is everyone from the metro area buy your advance tickets for the spring and fall games, and us poor "outstate" slobs can get June through August advance tickets?

I wonder if the Twins will sell some type of multi game ticket package that way. If so, we can put in for vacation days months in advance.

Guess it's not really that easy, huh?

Crap, I'll take all the July and August games.

What I am saying is your odds are better going during the summer than in early spring if you are concerned about the cold.

The Twins played at the Met for 20 years. Yes they had rain-outs, but that's part of it. Plan other activities as a back-up if you are concerned.

There are no guarentees where weather is concerned, so take your chances and be happy.

Besides, I'd rather have a few rainouts than no Twins at all.

And P.S. I hope the Vikings stadium is open-air as well...can't wait to brave that 20 below December wind!! The way football should be watched!!

Getting back to having the REAL home field advantage (Darn cold) is just what the Vikings need.