• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

How did you do?

half2fish

69ovs,

How did you do muskie and bass fishing last weekend? Where were you fishing. my buddy from colorado and me did really well on northerns and bass in wahkon bay. no muskies yet but my first is on its way. I feel it in my blood.

Half2fish.My wife didn't feel comfortable with me fishing mille lacs by myself so i've wanted to spend more time on some of the metro lakes so that's what i did. I did catch a 51 incher along with a 38,34,30 inchers also lost another in the high 40's.
I will be up for 4 days over labor day with my fishing partner. That's always been a good weekend for me.

I just got in from muskie fishing in wahkon bay. had two follows in about an hour and a half. i was pleased. my first one came to the boat and i figured 8. and he followed that for a couple of seconds and swam off. i casted to where he took off and he came in again. i tried to figure 8 again and he took off. i casted one more time and he followed it to the boat again. i couldnt believe he wouldnt take it. then the second followed to the boat and wasnt intrested in a 8 or another cast.

I fished 3 days, I caught the 51 friday the 30 on saturday and then sunday morning between 6:30 and 7:30 i caught the other 2 and lost a good fish and had 2 other grab and i pulled the bait away from them. There was some stormy weather coming in from the west on sunday morning and the fish went nuts. There was another boat that came to the weed bed i was fishing in the middle of all the action and he got to witness it, there was fish of all size and they were wanting to eat it was a blast. Half2fish I and my fishing partner are coming up over labor day weekend maybe you your dad and myself could meet and discuss this great fish and what i now about catching them on your home lake.

Wow you did do really well. What were you using and what time of the day did they all come in. I FINALLY got my first muskie follow yesterday after two summers looking. It was about a 42 or 43 incher and my knees were like jello for about 3 hours. Boy was i exited. When you fish Mille lacs where do you toss the lures. I only fish Wahkon bay because i cant leave it with my little 14 footer so if you fish wahkon you will prob. see me tossing either top water or a rad dog spinner.

half2fish,

When you get a fish to come in like that and seem somewhat interested and then swim away, try having a 2nd rod rigged with something completely different. ie. if you're throwing a jerkbait, have a bucktail rigged up on another rod. Another killer for following muskies is a big chunk of plastic like an 8" Reaper or something like that.

They are a super fun and super addictive fish! Have Fun!

------------------
Good Fishin!
Crossin

I caught my first muskie ever on Mille Lacs this week. It was a 36 incher but really fat and heavy, prob 12 pounds. I caught it trolling a Bionic Bucktail for northerns in Wig-Wam. My friend also had a big 40 plus inch muskie on in Vineland but it got off.

• 4 weeks later...

69OVS,
dont know if you remember this post but you said ud be up on labor day? my dad just had to go down to iowa this weekend to see my grandma. But if you fish wahkon bay at all you will know if it is me because ill be in a 14 ft. mirror craft. with a 20 hp motor. i will be fishing inbetween millelacs island resort and halfmoon island in 9-12 foot of water for my first ski. i found the weedline out there and caught this pig of a northern. my biggest fish ever. 40" 15lbs

47b4d720b3127cceb5fe0432d2c30000001610

Half2fish.
Hey i'm from Iowa, The Okoboji area. What part of the state we're you in? Well it was a tough weekend we fished all day Friday had 1 fish blow up on a jackpot and 2 other follows, Saturday morning we got on the lake at 3am fished walleyes until 6 and caught 10, 2 18" the rest between 22 and 27 then we fished muskies the rest of the morning seeing 2 low 40" fish but no takers the afternoon produced nothing. On Sunday the weather was just the way i like it breezy and overcast with rain i still only saw 3 fish all day one was a real tanker though but i couldn't get her to take anything. I was pretty disappointed but i fished hard and thats all you can do. Congratulations on your big pike thats bigger than any pike i've caught and good luck with your first muskie i'm sure it's just around the next point or on the next rock pile, good luck.

69OVS,

My dad was down in the mason city area. sounds like fishing was tough. but you did fint some eyes. bout time someone has. how did you fish for them? Im sure that my firs will come just a matter of time. Well good luck the rest of this year.